Where's a Good Small Town to Ride Out the Storm?

AirBnB ..? Just contact the local RE Agent and ask for a rental referral. . Car? I own a $20 used bicycle for pedaling around town, (5 blocks) that's all the exercise you needed. A Mercedes air con small Van with wifi can take you to Capital in 2 hours.( $500 pesos in march 2020.)
You mentioned a Small Town..! no movie houses available

As far as reception by locals can't comment on hearsay for 10 or more towns in the area.
Movie houses are a relic of the past anyways...

Have you moved to Supaicha? I can't imagine you would ever leave Recoleta.

What are some of the nice small towns in Buenos Aires province?

At this point we still need permits to travel outside of CABA I presume.

Last edited:
Great video, Neo......

Azul has now 63,000 people. It's a prosperous little town, small enough to be friendly, and big enough not to be stifling. There are some lovely sierras in the vicinity, with crystal clear creeks. Restaurant prices are half of those in BA. If I start running low on money, I plan on moving there.

Last edited:
Olavarria, Provincia de BsAs....
Population of 111,320 according to 2010 census.
I have spent many weekends at the "chacra" of friends located on the outskirts of town. I am able to get around easily on a bicycle.
Nice getaway for r&r....friendly locals, good food. Must check with local realtor(s) re: feasibility of renting a house during the pandemic.

Olavarria, Provincia de BsAs....
Population of 111,320 according to 2010 census.
I have spent many weekends at the "chacra" of friends located on the outskirts of town. I am able to get around easily on a bicycle.
Nice getaway for r&r....friendly locals, good food. Must check with local realtor(s) re: feasibility of renting a house during the pandemic.

Olavarria excellent suggestion.. Would be hardly possible to review so many small towns in the Provincia de Bs. As. My favorite are cities on the edge of the Parana River, Zarate, Baradero, San Pedro, Ramallo, San Nicolas, Life On The River edge is a very especial experience..!

1597587376815.png

Olavarria excellent suggestion.. Would be hardly possible to review so many small towns in the Provincia de Bs. As. My favorite are cities on the edge of the Parana River, Zarate, Baradero, San Pedro, Ramallo, San Nicolas, Life On The River edge is a very especial experience..!

View attachment 7231
San Pedro would be a good choice under normal circumstances....but not during the pandemic. I have spent summers there since 1989. Close friends, who have lived in SP their entire lives, report that access to medical care in town for Covid-19 is less than desirable. The public hospital is not prepared to handle cases adequately for a population of 80,000. Private doctors do what they can in-office. Private clinics in town: 3 out of the 4 went out of business in the past 5 years. The one left, which opened 3 years ago, is doing a formidable job under the circumstances. Nevertheless, they have a contingency plan in place to shuttle some patients with insurance health plans to private clinics in Rosario, province of Santa Fe.

Movie houses are a relic of the past anyways...

Have you moved to Supaicha? I can't imagine you would ever leave Recoleta.

What are some of the nice small towns in Buenos Aires province?

At this point we still need permits to travel outside of CABA I presume.

I have rented in Suipacha for over 10 years and spent long periods of time there.

Buenos Aires Province has 135 municipalities/Partidos population over 15 million

At this point can't move any where . I believe.

I have rented in Suipacha for over 10 years and spent long periods of time there.

Buenos Aires Province has 135 municipalities/Partidos population over 15 million
At this point can't move any where . I believe.
Given NeoWonk's latest post: I'm have an apartment up to October 1st. I'm hoping I might escape to the campo then...
Within the Province of BsAs, the city of Olavarria is a viable choice as is currently on Phase 5. Hopefully they can maintain as such thru the month of Sept. I think the stats published on the city website do not include other cities/towns in the county (partido) of Olavarria.
15 August 2020
Covid-19: Confirmed: 299, deaths 6, cured 274.
Olavarría will continue in phase 5: the confirmation by Galli, the mayor of the city. He announced that the authorizations granted as of this week will be maintained.

Last edited:
Back