Which Has The Best Pizza: Argentina Or Italy?

Which has the Best Pizza: Argentina or Italy?

• Argentina

Votes: 15 27.3%
  • Italy

Votes: 29 52.7%
  • None of the Above

Votes: 11 20.0%

• Total voters
try "Siamo nel forno" very good, think crust, a bit expensive but worth the experience.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Siamo-Nel-Forno/108065175897230

Argentine pizza is definitely different to Italian pizza: thick crust, less or different tomato sauce and a lot of mozzarella or cheese. I was explained that Italian immigrants when they got here were very poor in general and were amazed at the amounts of food and abundance of goods in general - in Europe they were starving, so they started to overdo their traditional thin crust pizzas with just too much stuff and that is how you get Argentine pizza. Like it or not, it is a unique pizza. Just like other dishes have mutated from country to country, pizza has mutated here. Argentine pizza is not , and does not try to resemble Italian pizza.

The best pizza i had was in Piriapolis,made by a Canadian woman,but basically all pizza is crap!!!yawn.....

I still can not understand why do expats dont like the best pizza of BsAs. Did you try Avenida Corrientes, Güerrin, El Cuartito, BANCHERO?!?!?!?!?! Banchero is very tasty in my opinion, arguably the best pizza of BsAs!!!

whats wrong with you guys!!!

La Guerrin is good. I enjoy Kentucky if I'm in the mood for some really greasy cheese pizza, but all in all the pizza in Buenos Aires leaves little to be desired. Not that Papa John's or Original Ray's in the U.S. is any better, but the pizza crust here reminds me of twinkies. Fluffy, airy with no body to it. It's like you're eating Wonder or Bimbo white bread. Italian pizza crust is chewy. It's like the difference between pasta made with semolina and pasta made with white flour. You can tell the difference in the texture as well as the taste. Oddly enough, my favorite pizza place besides the pizza in Italy, is Filippi's in San Diego, California. The last time I visited California I got off the airplane in LAX, rented a car, and without having eaten anything in half a day drove four hours in traffic straight to San Diego to get a slice of Filippi's pizza. Actually two slices.

I still can not understand why do expats dont like the best pizza of BsAs. Did you try Avenida Corrientes, Güerrin, El Cuartito, BANCHERO?!?!?!?!?! Banchero is very tasty in my opinion, arguably the best pizza of BsAs!!!

whats wrong with you guys!!!
Banchero - since 1932! - has three locations: Centro, Boca and Once.

There website tell there history, with old photos, nicely done: http://www.bancheropizzerias.com.ar/

viejo20banchero1.jpg

Theres a new Banchero here in Pilar. And its VERY expensive.

Back