Which Has The Better Economy: Argentina Or Chile?

Which Country has the Best Economy?

• Argentina

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Chile

Votes: 20 80.0%

• Total voters
We already had this discussion. My conclusion is that Chile is doing well with a neoliberal economic policies since Pinochet, and Argentina is doing well with another (different) economic model, more industrial, more protectionist, etc. Both are succesfull for each other IMO.

Social indicators, Chile are slightly better, but they are almost the same, very little difference, they are very similar. Check the HDI of UN.

Chile, like happens with Brazil and most Latinamerican countries, EXCEPT ARGENTINA AND URUGUAY, is a very inequality society. Despite each country having a large middle class, Latin America is by far the most inequality continent, and Chile and Brazil leads on this. Argentina, the same as Uruguay, historically had a different model of the continent in general, with a more dynamic middle class, more mobility (although today this might have changed), more inclussion, with not so much differences (culturaly, socialy and economicaly) between classes. Unlike Chile and Brazil, Arg & Uru middle classes were much more integrated, not so segregated, with almost no barriers with other classes. This started strongly to change in the 90s, but still, you can find some of the most prestigious doctors who work at the Hospital de Clinicas, who of course went to UBA, and you still have Nacional Buenos Aires, Pellegrini, etc, probably the more prestigious top ten high schools, which are totally free.
Argentina has a tradition linked with public health and education, private universities were always marginal here, and there in public schools and public universities converged the rich and the poor, everyone, and in harmony. This is changing today as I said, but you can still find it.

IMHO one should base an opinion on the myriad of international surveys showing Chile as the Supernova of S. America....!!

I get a kick of folks that submit opinions based on what their next door neighbor experienced during her VISIT to Santiago a few years ago.

I don't know what you would call rich (at what point) but she is extremely well to do.
I forgot to answer: With the rich upper class I mean the Piñeras, Paulmanns etc. not some girls selling posters. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Upper_class

IMHO one should base an opinion on the myriad of international surveys showing Chile as the Supernova of S. America....!!
A survey would show how the economic situation is perceived by a sampling of the population - what the people think it is like - but would not tell you how it really is.

It's fair to say that Chile still has great inequality in income distribution, but not without noting that that the middle class has grown dramatically, and that opportunities are far greater than they once were.

Argentina has duplicated its middle class during the Kirchnerismo, being the country in Latin America where it grew more. But in every country of the region happened to increased.

La Nacion and World Bank, certainly not K:

http://www.lanacion....tre-2003-y-2009

Latin America is by far the most inequality continent
Africa%20Satellite%20Large.jpg

[background=rgb(242, 242, 242)]arlean, on 08 September 2013 - 11:06 PM, said:[/background]

[background=rgb(255, 255, 255)]I don't know what you would call rich (at what point) but she is extremely well to do. [/background]

I forgot to answer: With the rich upper class I mean the Piñeras, Paulmanns etc. not some girls selling posters. https://en.wikipedia...iki/Upper_class

More stuff from Arlean, the woman who said " "Hitler used fluoride in the water in his prison camps to keep people from resisting." Still waiting for any evidence for that Arlean, or are you withdrawing that comment? I can't really take anything you say seriously after you've come out with stuff like that.

[background=rgb(242, 242, 242)]arlean, on 08 September 2013 - 11:06 PM, said:[/background]

I don't know what you would call rich (at what point) but she is extremely well to do.

More stuff from Arlean, the woman who said " "Hitler used fluoride in the water in his prison camps to keep people from resisting." Still waiting for any evidence for that Arlean, or are you withdrawing that comment? I can't really take anything you say seriously after you've come out with stuff like that.

Maybe you could try being a gentleman and giving the idea of being polite a try.

Back