Which Is The Best Country For Immigrants?

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]That's probably the reason why we are all on SantiagoExpats.org here. Chile is South America’s most boring country.[/background]

It is recurrent in Baexpats.org lots of people who wish they were in Chile. I wonder if they all cant really go, or if they just want to complain -which is a symptom of acquiring argentine customs.

I am impressed with your newfound ability to write a sentence fragment with no misspellings or fabricated words.

Your books on the Southern Cone are for gullible people fullstop .You pretend you understand our culture but you only understand ignorance .

Your books on the Southern Cone are for gullible people fullstop .You pretend you understand our culture but you only understand ignorance .

Your mini-diatribe lacks only adequate punctuation and coherence.

It will always come down to the Chile Argentina rivalry....!! Another Pizza discussion

It is recurrent in Baexpats.org lots of people who wish they were in Chile. I wonder if they all cant really go, or if they just want to complain -which is a symptom of acquiring argentine customs.

On my particular case, it was work that brought me to Argentina. After I first took my wife (who knew nothing about South America) for a quick visit to Chile, she turned to me and said "I hope your boss did not give you a choice between Argentina or Chile. Because if he did, and you picked Argentina, I want to kill you".

No. No such choice was presented.

I think young partiers would probably prefer Argentina (well, Buenos Aires at least - less "boring") and more established people, possibly with families, Chile (not a great party scene maybe, but more stable).

I've seen people mention the class thing in Chile before and wonder - where is it exactly between among SA countries that there isn't a heavy class distinction? My family being Paraguayan worker-class, maybe I see a lot more of it here than most, but the class distinction here isn't just between Paraguayans (or other MercoSur immigrants) and Porteños.

Having said all of that, I haven't been to Chile, so I can't comment specifically to that country aside from it seems that I hear good things from people who want to live a calm, boring life (like me!) and the opposite from those who like to party all hours of the night (like my 17 year old sister-in-law!).

On my particular case, it was work that brought me to Argentina. After I first took my wife (who knew nothing about South America) for a quick visit to Chile, she turned to me and said "I hope your boss did not give you a choice between Argentina or Chile. Because if he did, and you picked Argentina, I want to kill you".

No. No such choice was presented.
It must suck if you can't get a job in the country where you want to live and are stuck in another country that you don't like as much.

It must suck if you can't get a job in the country where you want to live and are stuck in another country that you don't like as much.
Unless you are provided with generous social benefits. There are few other contries that do it much better than Chile and Argentina.

Back