Why do you choose Argentina?

If you came with nothing and made a good life in Argentina then fair play to you but thats not a typical experience.
arrived with a massive debt.

the point is ..its easy to make money anywhere in the world barring few excepcional places like ( Syria, North Korea, Iraq, Afghanistan , South Sudan) etc ..if one is willing to learn and gain knowledge, apply that knowledge gained, be persistent, work crazy hard and be fearless in making decisions and taking risks.

arrived with a massive debt.

the point is ..its easy to make money anywhere in the world barring few excepcional places like ( Syria, North Korea, Iraq, Afghanistan , South Sudan) etc ..if one is willing to learn and gain knowledge, apply that knowledge gained, be persistent, work crazy hard and be fearless in making decisions and taking risks.
On another note, most of Argentine yougsters are extremely lazy. They want to have the good life without working hard for it. They fear if its too hot or too cold or raining. They get upset to work on weekends. They get upset to work early morning. Most lack skills. Most common professions here basis my personal interaction is Psycholigist, personal trainer, translator. And so on and so forth, Such attitude and such skills wont do much in a country like Arg

Sorry, Argentina, but you are a first-world country now and have first-world problems just like the rest of us

0yk6ti7t0zr61.jpg

This simply is not true. It's part of the USA mythology. But, believe the fantasy.
Sorry amigo. I worked as a FedEx courier all over the U.S. Have traveled or lived in 47 states. And I've seen some pretty poor places. I've also traveled in extensively in the former Soviet Union, Colombia, and Mexico. In Mexico now. If poor in the U.S. you have access to assistance. You have avenues to get out of poverty. Not saying it's easy or pleasant. But apples and oranges.

The issue isnt the privilege itself but that person having that privilege (that their terrible country gave them) and acting as if their experience in Argentina is that of a typical Argentine's.

One argument is how expensive cost of living is in the US. The idea that an Argentine could afford anywhere half decent in any half decent city in Argentina on an average single salary is ridiculous. Also good luck buying a new car, top rate health care, going on holiday, consumer goods....
And the same can be said in the States. There is a glut of college educated people with advanced degrees that cannot get a decent job. Top rate health care in the States is expensive beyond your wildest imagination. Comparing the US to Argentina is a losing proposition. The hurdles to a decent living for young people in the States is pretty much the same as here.

Oh, this is stinky bull droppings. Food stamps is only 200 USD per month, and you can lose your benefits at any time for any reason or no reason at all. You don't even get any warning; just the 1st of the month rolls around and you got nothing. You go to the office and they tell you, "oh yeah, your benefits were canceled because (insert any of 3 dozen arcane bureaucratic excuses)"

For two whole years I was on SNAP (aka food stamps). I know exactly what I'm talking about. When was the last time you depended upon "Public Assistance" to eat? No, I'm not proud of it. Truth be told, I am ashamed to admit I was that far down and out for that long. I am terrified by the thought of being that hopeless again. I'd almost rather die first.

Social safety net, my hairy ***. People say things like this and it just makes me too angry for words.
Guess it might be where you are at in the U.S. There are faith based and other organizations running food banks all over the country. They also run soup kitchens in many locations. I know because I have diabetic neuropathy that keeps me from working, and my pension only goes so far. I traveled around in a Honda Element for 8 months last year and used these services a half dozen times or more and the people running them are great. And after my parents divorced when I was 10 we lived in two rooms of an unfinished house for several years with very little money. My mother refused to take public assistance so we suffered until my dad got custody of us. I'm not saying the U.S. is perfect. It's flawed in many respects. So is everywhere else on Earth. Except maybe Norway and a few others. But if I'm going to be poor I'd rather be in the U.S. than Argentina. Going to Argentina is to upgrade my life while saving some money too with the extra WU gives. By the way I'm living in a decent room with electric, private bathroom, and good wifi in Oaxaca, Mexico for about $600 a month. I could probably get that to $400 but I enjoy eating out. The room is 3000 Pesos, a little over $150. So I'm no BSer, been there, done that.

I don't want to get too much into personal, but I was homeless in the UK for several years. By time I came to Argetina I had already sorted my life out, but still only arrived with £1000. Still, there is no doubt the situation is much easier here for me because of the economy. I earn enough dollars to be very comfortable here, but if I was still in the UK I would be in much more of a pinch. If I were in London, forget about it. Let's not forget we are living in a capital city where you can rent a decent multi-bedroom place for around $600-700 or less if you're willing to leave the expensive barrios. Way of life is much easier here for expats, especially those living with dollars.

My experience on the U.S. is limited but I do know the UK and poor in the UK is not the same as poor here. I have been poor in both countries, moreso in the UK. Give me homeless in the UK than poor in a villa here any day.

"Whole swaths of the rural U.S. have no grocery stores...." Where would that be exactly? I would challenge you to show me any town of at least a couple thousand that doesn't have a grocery store unless it's close to a bigger town. We live in Overland Park, KS, a nice suburb of Kansas City, MO. Bought our house for $105k, now valued at $160k. Safe area, large yards, lots of shade, close to shopping, built in 1958. Average is just that, average. A lot of high end homes bring average prices up.
The US has changed a lot. And even more in the last year. Corona Inflation is huge, in certain things, food availablity has gone down for literally millions of americans, and public transit was hit very hard, and a lot of it is still not functioning, or is working at a very low rate.
The government says 10% or so of rural americans live 10 miles or more from the nearest food store. And not all have cars.

On another note, most of Argentine yougsters are extremely lazy. They want to have the good life without working hard for it. They fear if its too hot or too cold or raining. They get upset to work on weekends. They get upset to work early morning. Most lack skills. Most common professions here basis my personal interaction is Psycholigist, personal trainer, translator. And so on and so forth, Such attitude and such skills wont do much in a country like Arg

That's the problem with the Argentine economy. Too many lazy youngsters who fear the cold and waking up early.

Oh, this is stinky bull droppings. Food stamps is only 200 USD per month, and you can lose your benefits at any time for any reason or no reason at all. You don't even get any warning; just the 1st of the month rolls around and you got nothing. You go to the office and they tell you, "oh yeah, your benefits were canceled because (insert any of 3 dozen arcane bureaucratic excuses)"

For two whole years I was on SNAP (aka food stamps). I know exactly what I'm talking about. When was the last time you depended upon "Public Assistance" to eat? No, I'm not proud of it. Truth be told, I am ashamed to admit I was that far down and out for that long. I am terrified by the thought of being that hopeless again. I'd almost rather die first.

Social safety net, my hairy ***. People say things like this and it just makes me too angry for words.

Sounds like you were a lazy bum who couldn't handle variations in temperature

Back