Why Does Everyone Here Seem To Hate Buenos Aires So Much?

Sorry for using the word "hate", it probably only applies to very few people in this forum and not the mayority.

Now, the person that told me that i dont take crticism cause i discussed ONE thing they told me its hilarious. Its like i said "All americans are homophobes" and when someone would reply to me "thats not true" i answer: "oh, you cant take criticism". Thats ridiculous.
Even more when i already admitted a lot of the bad thing this city haves. Just not the ridiculous or nonsensical ones. I wouldnt dream of discussing how INSANE the drivers are, how screwed up is the mentality, how dirty porteños are with thier city and how chaotic is all overall. And many other things. So, please stop with the ridiculousness.

Also, someone with the Pic of Felipe is saying we should use our real pics?? LOL

Sorry for using the word "hate", it probably only applies to very few people in this forum and not the mayority.

Now, the person that told me that i dont take crticism cause i discussed ONE thing they told me its hilarious. Its like i said "All americans are homophobes" and when someone would reply to me "thats not true" i answer: "oh, you cant take criticism". Thats ridiculous.
Even more when i already admitted a lot of the bad thing this city haves. Just not the ridiculous or nonsensical ones. I wouldnt dream of discussing how INSANE the drivers are, how screwed up is the mentality, how dirty porteños are with thier city and how chaotic is all overall. And many other things. So, please stop with the ridiculousness.

Also, someone with the Pic of Felipe is saying we should use our real pics?? LOL

Personally I dont like criticism one little bit so Im posting my real photo in the hope that you will all love me and not hate me like those horrible people over the border do

Phil, you might have started something just there ;)
And Chica, if that's your real pic what you doing on Saturday night around 1930?

Phil, you might have started something just there ;)
And Chica, if that's your real pic what you doing on Saturday night around 1930?

I'm free GB!

But make it later - I only come out after dark

Ah 1930 was such a great year I remember it as if it were only yesterday ,,,, really it was just like Paris

I'm mad because I have to endure A LOT just to live in a city I love and it somehow doesn't seem fair. Too often I find myself thinking 'it doesn't have to be like this'... And frustration is a daily, or hourly occurence on most days... with the smallest things causing the greatest amount of stress... But it IS WORTH FIGHTING FOR..

So don't confuse frustration with hatred... Even in extreme quantities. The only thing I hate is that there is a grand beautiful B.A. that exists below the surface that has nothing to do with pizza, ice cream, tango, asado or any of the other travel brochure amenities... And it is the city we have to struggle to find... but lately??? It really feels like we are losing.
Wow! I have never seen somebody summarize my feelings about Buenos Aires so well in just a couple of sentences. However, every time I am able to forget just for a while about my worries and negative feelings about what is happening in the country right now, I always realize that I have never felt so much home anywhere on this planet as in Buenos Aires. The conclusion of another thread is, that Buenos AIres is much more 'alive' than any European city, and I can add that for me it is just the most thrilling place in the world in a certain way, it always suprises you in a way, for me it never gets boring. I hope some of the more equivocally negative people around here can recognize these feelings, that are not necessarily purely positive, but address the 'magic ambience' I tend to perceive in Buenos Aires and which forces me to come back every once in a while.

"Why Does Everyone Here Seem To Hate Buenos Aires So Much?"

For the exact same reasons Argentines hate Buenos Aires so much. You hear them complaining every day, everywhere, constantly how much they hate the government and what a "pais de mierda" Argentina is.

Expats in general will always have a more difficult time in a new country than "natives". Plus BA seems to attract a lot of people who don't do due diligence, show up here expecting 2003 prices and are shocked at how expensive it is and bitch about it. Add that frustration on top of the general frustrations that EVERYONE, local and expat alike, feels living here and is it any surprise that you read a lot of negativity on this forum?

I do fall victim to complaining - whether I'm with the OH's family or expats but I'm really trying to avoid it in 2013. Not that all the things that bother me have stopped ;) but just that bitching about them doesn't do anything except further aggravate me. So while I'm far from perfect, I try to focus on the good things as they happen.

But as many have pointed out, for those of us that live here and won't be leaving, there are a lot of frustrating things here. And it's not b/c it's "better somewhere else" - wherever somewhere else is - it's because we live here, have ties here be it financial, familial, emotional, etc and we believe this country can and should be so much better off than it is. So yes, that's not easy.

I just got back from 8 days in the US. Do I think the US is perfect? Hardly. But yes, it was refreshing to park my car on the street and not worry, to use my laptop/phone/leave my purse sitting on a table without looking over my shoulder, to drive on well-maintained roads, to have a million different choices of food options, to be in and out of the bank in 15 minutes, all the while taking out a big chunk of dollars without an issue, to have a million choices while shopping and pay next to nothing for high quality clothes, electronics, etc. All of the above are hardly unique to the US obviously, the same things happen in many, many countries. Just not Argentina. And that kind of thing can depress you.

Whatever said and done, the writer of the post "Chicaargentina" is very pretty.

Chicaargentina, are you single?

Read the previous posts...starting on page 12! :) You didnt think PhilPbas was really Mora Casan did you???

Sniggering cannot be beaten when it comes to Muttley

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHgxCm_nWJY

Back