Why Still No Buenos Aires-Colonia Bridge?

Thats a reasonable objective for a state run airline, the minimum expectation is that this aim is pursued efficiently however.

Not achievable without industry experience. The next govt should turn Aerolineas Arg into a budget airline. Charge for everything above the flight, offer cheap deals or more expensive based on the time of booking.

A south american state run Ryanair.

Actually, the next govt should sell Aerolíneas to Ryanair.

Actually, the next govt should sell Aerolíneas to Ryanair.

What could be the (Negative) price for a debt ridden airline operating deep in RED with an heavy excess of Personnel ratio. Still unresolved ownership with the Spanish Group Marsans?? Would Ryan be so foolish.

So I'm just wondering also, while we're on this subject: Why have projects like the Rosario-Victoria and Zarate-Brazo Largo bridges (as well as those linking Argentina and Uruguay over the Uruguay River) been completed but not the Buenos Aires-Colonia one - because the other bridges are shorter and thus less expensive than the Buenos Aires-Colonia bridge would be? Plus, are the tolls for ordinary motorists on the other bridges cheaper than the one on the Buenos Aires-Colonia bridge would be?

So I'm just wondering also, while we're on this subject: Why have projects like the Rosario-Victoria and Zarate-Brazo Largo bridges (as well as those linking Argentina and Uruguay over the Uruguay River) been completed but not the Buenos Aires-Colonia one - because the other bridges are shorter and thus less expensive than the Buenos Aires-Colonia bridge would be? Plus, are the tolls for ordinary motorists on the other bridges cheaper than the one on the Buenos Aires-Colonia bridge would be?

Upstream distances between the banks are far shorter than across the Plata estuary (whose sediments and tides would also make construction more complex).

Ever think the fellow who owns the Buque Bus would fight such a bridge ? Or the problems for ship traffic ? Or the additional expense for customs to have lines of cars to check ? Who would maintain it ? A toll would be too expensive for most. Also the engineering would be extensive as the river bottom is mud , no bed rock to drive piles , and it would cause silting and create a delta on the upriver side of the bridge.

This country has a lot more infrastructure problems than a bridge for ex pats to get to Colonia's expensive ATM's.

Under the mud the is granite rock.

Well, there is no reason for that bridge, i mean, to go where? colonia? Seriously?

Well, there is no reason for that bridge, i mean, to go where? colonia? Seriously?

Ideally it would be for trade and transport within Mercosur by providing a fast route between the large metropolitan zones of Buenos Aires, Montevideo, Sao Paulo and Rio. Give it 50-100 years, it'll get built but it wont be a road bridge.

Ideally it would be for trade and transport within Mercosur by providing a fast route between the large metropolitan zones of Buenos Aires, Montevideo, Sao Paulo and Rio. Give it 50-100 years, it'll get built but it wont be a road bridge.

Presuming Mercosur lasts that long.

Back