Wild Cat In Back Yard

You through those trite accusations out pretty liberally. I am no "psycho", and I'll thank you to leave my family out of this. Seems that you are reacting emotionally without regard to facts or law. Check yourself, the only psycho is the one who goes on without considering the situation, facts, and law.

I presented an argument for the benefit of the animal. Owners DO have responsibilities and any court of law would prosecute an owner for not observing those responsibilities. If an neighbors pet wanders onto my property, harms any human or animal on my property; the owner would be liable for this intrusion. If not a cat... say a pet snake slides onto my property and attacks my child or my pet; it's my right to act accordingly. It wound up there because of the negligence of a human owner. (example).
If you want to keep a cat. Go ahead...as many as you like, but keep them out of my yard or there's going to be a problem. If your cats get out and cause harm to any person or animal, or damage any part of my property; I would take legal action and prove that the owner is unfit and/or negligent to the welfare of the animal and a risk to neighbors.

As for if it is feral. Doesn't matter, it's still an invasive animal, however the responsibility is that of the municipality animal control.

Yes owners do have the responsibility, and you could take legal action for and damage done to your property but i'm pretty sure it's illegal to torture an animal in most places around the world just because it's on your property.

How you can possibly defend the original poster's actions, i'm lost for words.

In no country is it reasonable to poison, electrocute, and torture any animal for hours on end just because you think it can't escape your garden. Cat's can climb vertical walls and fences, but not after you've tortured them.

Do you think all these owners want to suffer the devastating pain of losing a family member (that's right, a family member, just like the one you're holding in your cutesy photo).

A pet owner myself I wholeheartedly agree with you that pets are part of the family, but they're still pets. Its not the same as a human child.

I think it's pretty clear that you're a psycho, like the OP. And I don't know what country you're living in, but based on everything you've said, you mush be living in the good old USA, where you might actually get someone to take some of your nonsense seriously. But you surely can't be living in Argentina. If you are, and you think that things work here the way you've described, then you're extra psycho.

What shelter do you pretend that the OP should take the cat to? Do you have any address or name of a shelter or body that will take this cat?
Is there ANYTHING in Argentina that would care for this animal? What solutions have you offered here today? I only read insults and an emotional rant.

EDIT. I DO live here in Argentina, for more than a decade, and I know EXACTLY how the ignorance of pet owner and local authorities are CLUELESS and UNPREPARED. So, with that in mind, the only recourse is a legal action.
Oh, and I am not of the USA........... you're just full of judgment without basis.

is just a cat. trap it and take it to a shelter. you are going ballistic over nothing. the poison thing... well it sounds quite pshyco to be honest

I'm not going ballistic. I only posted on here to see if there was an animal control center in Buenos Aires. I really don't see why poisoning a feral cat is psychotic yet poisoning rats and other pests is not. I'm not exactly throwing poisoned biscuits into the neighbors yards (THAT would be psycho). I have a humming bird feeder, I have a dog, I like riding horses, I enjoy going to the zoo. I'd say I'm an animal person.

However feral cats carry diseases that humans can catch, they also are predators and attack other benign animals. I repeat, I don't have any desire to 'torture' the thing and if someone wants to come by and catch it they're more than welcome to. Hopefully when I get home the thing will be gone and this is all irrelevant.

Yes owners do have the responsibility, and you could take legal action for and damage done to your property but i'm pretty sure it's illegal to torture an animal in most places around the world just because it's on your property.

How you can possibly defend the original poster's actions, i'm lost for words.

In no country is it reasonable to poison, electrocute, and torture any animal for hours on end just because you think it can't escape your garden. Cat's can climb vertical walls and fences, but not after you've tortured them.

Guess you missed the part where i said "don't torture it". I recommended trapping it and releasing it elsewhere. If it is a pet, then it ought to have identification.

I'm not going ballistic. I only posted on here to see if there was an animal control center in Buenos Aires. I really don't see why poisoning a feral cat is psychotic yet poisoning rats and other pests is not. I'm not exactly throwing poisoned biscuits into the neighbors yards (THAT would be psycho). I have a humming bird feeder, I have a dog, I like riding horses, I enjoy going to the zoo. I'd say I'm an animal person.

However feral cats carry diseases that humans can catch, they also are predators and attack other benign animals. I repeat, I don't have any desire to 'torture' the thing and if someone wants to come by and catch it they're more than welcome to. Hopefully when I get home the thing will be gone and this is all irrelevant.

You only posted here after torturing the poor thing, you are not an animal person.

Back