Wine Drinkers Unite

Thank you Frenchie for starting this thread! I'm cheap, and started out adventurous but too many stomach burning experiences have made me shy. I'm happy to splurge on a great bottle of anything, so keep the recommendations coming!

My go-to bottles are Don Miro Malbec (2010) $45, and Navarro Correas cab sav or syrah (2008), both about $50 I think.

I generally find Malbec really bland, but that is probably because I am cheap and have never tried a really good one. Or perhaps because Malbec cannot compare to a great Australian Shiraz??

Thank you Frenchie for starting this thread! I'm cheap, and started out adventurous but too many stomach burning experiences have made me shy. I'm happy to splurge on a great bottle of anything, so keep the recommendations coming!

My go-to bottles are Don Miro Malbec (2010) $45, and Navarro Correas cab sav or syrah (2008), both about $50 I think.

I generally find Malbec really bland, but that is probably because I am cheap and have never tried a really good one. Or perhaps because Malbec cannot compare to a great Australian Shiraz??

Black Tears by Tapiz, one of my favorite 100% Malbecs and if youre an aussie syrah fan you'll probably like it. Its a hell of a wine. Try and find the 07 or if you can't, the 06 as they're better than the 08 which is what is the most stocked at the moment.

Edit:

Here it is for a good price.
http://articulo.merc...bert-parker-_JM

Black Tears by Tapiz, one of my favorite 100% Malbecs and if youre an aussie syrah fan you'll probably like it. Its a hell of a wine. Try and find the 07 or if you can't, the 06 as they're better than the 08 which is what is the most stocked at the moment.

Edit:

Here it is for a good price.
http://articulo.merc...bert-parker-_JM

Just bought a bottle on ML :)

I'm a huge wine fan and used to host semi regular expat wine tastings but that sort of petered out when a number of the regulars moved away. If there is revived interest I'd by more than happy to set it up again.

Ones ive has in the lást 2 Weeks that I remember.

Casarena Rama Negra cabsav - 120. Nothing special, give it a miss.
Animal syrah 2007 - 45 pesos. great wine once, not aged well.
AVE memento (07 i think) - 240 -dos pulgares muy arriba! Honestly I haven't stopped thinking about this wine since I had it. Wow!
Gran lurton 08 - 50 pesos. Very nice, great QPR for a cab, had maybe 10 bottles of this over the years, a fallback.
Quertos Malbec - 15 pesos. Guy who sold it to me said I'd love it so much I'd be back begging for more but these were the last 2 bottles he had, honestly after trying it if he has more next time I see him, I'm going to smack him in the head with it. Stay far away!
Chacra Pinot Noir 2011 - 430 - honestly this is always good but this vintage is above and beyond the normal. Absolutely stunning example of the variety. Pure exhilarating pleasure! Sorry Frenchies but this shames some of burgundy's finest. Will be having another bottle soon! Who pays for it depends on a bet I made with a vino buddy of mine, fingers crossed it won't be me. :)
Durruguti (that is misspelled). Cabernet s reserve (08 I think) - 110 - yum yum, great wine from a winery that is hitting home runs across the board( check out the la Madrid bonarda)
La Linda "corte reservado" Malbec & Syrah 2008 - 43 - will update in a few hours ;)

Me and my housemates would be interested in the wine tastings if you were to start again

My personal favorites are Finca Gabriel (in the $25 range) and Saint Felicien ($100.)

What is the fabulous Malbec of Argentina.? Everyone in the Chile forum gringos talk about this Wine brand.
Apparently there, the Tourist Gringos has to make the _Visa Run_ from Santiago to Mendoza every 90 days for their Visa renewal. Say, cheaper to take the Bus over to Mendoza to renew their Visa and more interesting at same time to visit Mendoza region,than to spend all day at the Extranjeria in file. Then the mentioning of the "Don't forget the Malbec Wines" when you get to Mendoza. So as soon as I am able to travel to Argentina, I have to indulge to satisfy my curiosity by savouring this famous Wine.

Farenheit discussed Finca Flichman - I recently tried their Gestos Cabernet 2011. It drank well.

Punta Corral 2011, a blend from JUJUY which is a first for me. This is right up my alley stylistically as well. - recommended!
2uy3rix.jpg

Attachments

• Photo Apr 04, 5 48 35 PM.jpg
    Photo Apr 04, 5 48 35 PM.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 5
Folks, great recommendations, should you feel inclined prices and purchase locations would be very useful to the amateur enthusiasts such as myself!

Keep up the great work.

Back