Xoom At 8.06 Today

Yes, more than 7 since October. Not that I need to explain anything to you, but my friend came from France on October 15th, to be precise, and we went to my cueva and exchanged her Euros for 7.3. Last week I exchanged mine for 10.7. Was there anything else you would like to be an asshole about today, or can I go back to work?
Same goes to you. Keep using Xoom and losing money.

point one: I thought it was pretty obvious we were all talking about dollars. Euros obviously trade for more.
point two: Calling someone an asshole for asking simple questions is kind of an asshole thing to do.
point three: "Today"?! That post was three days ago.

In this thread, both.

Ha ha - yeah, I just thought it was funny that from a starting point of claiming a 7 dollar exchange in October the poster moved seamlessly to Euros to back up the argument. I've been getting over 7pounds since October, but I think that may be besides the point.

I have a Xoom question. My wife is back home visiting and has been changing USD at cuevas but is all out of greenbacks. We want to try Xoom rather than use the ATM and only get the official rate. Is it preferable to Xoom it to her maiden name (the one that's on her DNI) and have her pick up the cash, or can she get around any "red tape" if I send it to her married name and she tries to pick it up using her U.S. green card as ID? Or do they require you to show either a passport or a DNI in order to pick up the cash?

Perhaps it won't make a difference either way...just trying to make it as smooth as possible. Gracias!

I use it and my name matches exactly to my passport. I have never had a problem and I am in and out in 5 minutes. My friends who have used it without an exact match have all problems.

I'm wondering if anyone with both a DNI and U.S. documents has any advice about which to use and if it matters, or using either country's documents makes any difference.

I'm wondering if anyone with both a DNI and U.S. documents has any advice about which to use and if it matters, or using either country's documents makes any difference.

I have a U.S. passport and an Extranjero DNI. Strictly speaking, they require only a passport to pick up funds. They always ask to see my DNI but gave me my money several times even after my DNI had expired. They just grumbled, insisting I renew it ASAP.

By the way, your wife will have fewer problems if all the information she provides matches. If her Argentine passport and DNI are in her maiden name, use that name without mentioning the marriage/name change. The other way, they might not give her anything until she has updated both her passport and DNI.

Rates change daily, and then during the day and day of the week, rates from last October are like Dinosaur talk... yawn!!

I have a U.S. passport and an Extranjero DNI. Strictly speaking, they require only a passport to pick up funds. They always ask to see my DNI but gave me my money several times even after my DNI had expired. They just grumbled, insisting I renew it ASAP.

By the way, your wife will have fewer problems if all the information she provides matches. If her Argentine passport and DNI are in her maiden name, use that name without mentioning the marriage/name change. The other way, they might not give her anything until she has updated both her passport and DNI.

Noted. Thanks for the helpful reply.

Back