Xoom At 8.06 Today

Dollar Blue $8,90, today and will go above $10 before year end,.... says infobae

Dollar Blue $8,90, today and will go above $10 before year end,.... says infobae
Farmers a buying dollars

http://www.lapoliticaonline.com/noticias/val/90258-109/paradoja-la-liquidacion-de-los-sojeros-dispara-el-blue-por-arriba-de-los-890.html

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.lapoliticaonline.com%2Findex.html

It seems Xoom has upped the ante again with more documentation required. Just tried to do a transfer and they are now asking for photo ID, signed forms (same docs as before), plus last two pay stubs and last 60 days of bank statements. Anyone else done these yet? ... I wonder what's next... an in person interview?

I initiated and completed a transfer today without being asked for any new documentation but it was less than $400 USD and was also the first transfer I made this month.

In January I exceeded $5000 pesos in my first two Xoom transfers (ever) and I was asked to fax photocopies of my passport to Xoom and copies of my brokerage and bank statements for the previous year to their partner in Argentina (along with the two forms mentioned by 2Guys) before I could complete a third transfer. It was necessary to send statements for a full year as I receive two payments per year from my brokerage account...in January and July and only one statement per year.

They asked for certification of my retirement but I told them there was no such thing. They could have asked for a letter from the Social Security office in BA verifying that income but the monthly deposits are identified as Social Security payments on the US bank statements. I was waiting for this request today...until I saw that the transfer has already been completed and the funds deposited in my bank here.

I don't think Xoom has "upped the ante" again. I think AFIP has made additional demands on Reclamos More (Xoom's Argentine partner) to provide the additional documentation.

Is $40,000 pesos a limit per year? about US 4,600 ? less than US$400 per month? :D

This is posted in MORE's waiting area. See the last point. There's not a limit, just a 'milestone' for when more info is needed.

NOTICE
Dear Customer:
Under present Argentine Authority’s regulations — A.F.I.P., Anit-Money-Laundering Law Nr. 25.246 and Financial Information Unit (UIF) Resolution 66/2012 — in accordance with F.A.T.F (Financial Action Task Force) rules, MORE MONEY TRANSFERS SERVICE is compelled to request from all its clients (those ordering or receiving money remittances) the following data:
  • Full name
  • Passport or MERCOSUR ID
  • Marital Status
  • Address in Argentina
  • Telephone number (in Argentina)
  • What links you to the sender?
  • Activity or purpose of your stay in Argentina
  • Purpose or destination of the money of this transaction
  • CUIT, CUIL or CDI (if applicable)
  • Source of funds involved in this transaction
  • If remittances amount is larger than AR $5,000, a sender’s identification number must be provided. Passport, ID Cards, Driver’s License and SSN are equally valid.
  • If remittance amount accumulates with previous transfers (on annual basis) a sum larger than AR $40,000, you must provide information about the origin of monies involved, such as: a sender’s bank statement, senders source of income (salary receipt, employment contract).

dollar ans economy prospects for 2013 according to 180 businessmen in infobae

600x0_656359.jpg

Back