You Know You're In Argentina When.....

Never mind a knife and fork, my OH won't let me eat without an arrangement of napkins being present. I'm never sure whether to blow my nose, use them to wipe the fork clean or throw them at the dog. It's an obsession, I would like to apologise to all the trees that have been chopped up to feed her addiction to all things napkin related.
Buy cotton fabric napkins. More efficient and look better.

I'm afraid that would not involve weekly trips to Morph which herself is altogether too fond of.
Oh come to Europe better still and the world of napkins and rings will keep her happy for days......but all this aside..excellent empanadas such as those by LaMorada must still be eaten by hand...if OH doesn't accept that she is insane.

Empanadas are always eaten in hand, each one with it's own individual napkin around the base followed by a new napkin to wipe around the mouth, followed by the emergency napkin which must remain on hand by the plate for emergency spillages and aesthetic reasons.

The look of joy when we hit the bottom of the napkin mound and another Morph trip is scheduled is very noticeable.

We have (many many) cotton napkins for whenever people call around, I think it's the local equivalent of getting the good cutlery out.

42. When a family of 5 can travel on a motorcycle whizzing by on a highway. One kid in front of papa, the other behind mama and the youngest sandwiched in the middle, with license plate turned around 90 degrees.

N.B.:
a. It is possible to find all 5 of them dressed very chic. (don't let this distract u)
b. The license plate could b upside down but not as common as 90 degrees.

44. You know you're in Argentina when the local Weather network predicts a light rain for the next day and it turns out to be a downfall... While when a very strong storm is expected, it turns out to be just heavy rains (I spent 3 or 4 hours preparing myself for the "big storm" that was supposed to happen lately... Was not that big).

The usual way is with a knife and fork? Arent empanadas the reason we were given fingers in the first place?
Nope. We have fingers to point at people :)

In my (subset of ?) culture you never touch warn/hot food with your fingers, you learn how to manipulate spoons, forks, knives, chopsticks, etc.

Nope. We have fingers to point at people :)

In my (subset of ?) culture you never touch hot food with your fingers, you learn how to manipulate spoons, forks, knives, chopsticks, etc.

Yes, and you eat a pizza. But empanadas with forks, knifes, chopsticks and the likes is blasphemy.

Back