You Know You're Living In A 3Rd World Country When...

My mate refers to it as third world and he is argie,teacher,personally I think it's a bit of a dated phrase.If poverty is the barometer then I suppose that would
be easier to make assumptions on the state of the place,depending on how you class poverty.Lets forget it,eh!!

I've been working as a development consultant for international cooperation and freelance journalist in many 3 world countries but never been so alert as in Argentina for so many people trying to screw others. It has nothing to do with poverty, social exclusion or whatever. It's the mentality down there. And I'm from BsArs originally!
Other 3 world countries are awful in other things. Cubans par exemple are the best in constantly asking for presents, constantly holding their hands up in order to receive everything for free from foreigners. This culture of do nothing and expect everything from others is anywhere where are too many ngo's like Central America and Haiti.

Argentina is a 2nd world country that has been in the first world that why the pesimism here, you people have to travel more really, say argentina is a 3erd world lol. I do agree that the political desitions lately has show a 3erd world caracterization

You know you are in a third-world country when:

1. The President's personal army posts themselves with machine guns and note pads at voting booths.
2. You need to walk 1/2 mile to get water, then filter it or use iodine tablets to make it potable.
3. The children walk past your house bare-foot to school. 3 miles. 35 kids, ages 4 to 16 all in the same room.
4. You hear a gunshot in the street. You go outside to find the police laughing and hovering over the body of a juvenile who was seen running from a store with slab of meat under his arm.
5. People who can't afford a ticket on the train ride on the roof ... routinely to fall off and get killed just going to find work.

My personal experiences with third-world countries.

Have a nice day. :)

GS

What makes a nation third world?
Despite everevolving definitions, the concept of the third world serves to identify countries that suffer from high infant mortality, low economic development, high levels of poverty, low utilization of natural resources, and heavy dependence on industrialized nations. These are the developing and technologically less advanced nations of Asia, Africa, Oceania, and Latin America. Third world nations tend to have economies dependent on the developed countries and are generally characterized as poor with unstable governments and having high rates of population growth, illiteracy, and disease. A key factor is the lack of a middle class — with impoverished millions in a vast lower economic class and a very small elite upper class controlling the country's wealth and resources. Most third world nations also have a very large foreign debt.

The term "3rd World" has evolved in meaning over the years. Originally 1st World were the Democratic countries and the 2nd World was the Communist Bloc and the Third World was the non-aligned, e.g. India, Brazil. This original definition has disappeared with 1st World meaning rich countries and 3rd World meaning poor countries. You never hear of 2nd World these days leading to some confusion.

Sometimes you hear of Argentina being unique in the world as the only country that was once a 1st World country that became a 3rd World country. 100 years ago US and Argentine living standards were on par. It looks like Argentina will be joined by some other countries in the future, viz Greece and Portugal and maybe even Spain.

.... Dogs pee and poop everywhere.

.... the president believes she is the messiah.

... Tinelli is on TV.

... bus drivers close doors on you and accelerate as you are getting off.
this is the best answer! Tinelli is such a cheeseball love it!

You know you are in a third-world country when:

1. The President's personal army posts themselves with machine guns and note pads at voting booths.
2. You need to walk 1/2 mile to get water, then filter it or use iodine tablets to make it potable.
3. The children walk past your house bare-foot to school. 3 miles. 35 kids, ages 4 to 16 all in the same room.
4. You hear a gunshot in the street. You go outside to find the police laughing and hovering over the body of a juvenile who was seen running from a store with slab of meat under his arm.
5. People who can't afford a ticket on the train ride on the roof ... routinely to fall off and get killed just going to find work.

My personal experiences with third-world countries.

Have a nice day. :)

GS

I see you have been going to Brazil a lot lately.

Back