Young Europeans flock to Argentina

I dont know if there are that many coming from europe. I had argentine friends who went to live in spain in the last few years, they were born here, but had spanish passports through decent, and they have told me that even if the dont have jobs in spain they get the dole, which is ok to live on, a way better life than what they can get in argentina.

The Guardian changed the note to reflect that 1,200 Spaniards are coming to Argentina PER MONTH and not per year. It sounds like a lot to me, but I can say that the city is full of Colombians and Europeans in general (and they are not tourists).

surfing said:
How about this pearl of wisdom from the second (copycat) article?

"Unlike Brazil, Argentina has an open-doors policy, with immigrants from Europe particularly welcome. No specific skills or country quotas are in place. All an applicant needs is a letter from an employer or potential employer and a certificate of good conduct from the police of their country of origin.

It is also possible to look for a job once in Argentina on a tourist visa. Europeans can travel to Argentina without a visa and are automatically given a free 90-day tourist visa upon arrival. After finding a job immigrants can go to the migrations department with a letter from their employer and a certificate of good conduct from their country of origin."

WOW! Who knew it was so easy???

Well, it is indeed very easy. Just try the other way around and come back to tell us if it is still easy or not.

Really? With just a letter from an employer and a certificate of good conduct from the home country? That's all you need? Silly me for doing all that extra work!

Though I agree with all commenting on this thread that life is Not a cakewalk in BA by any measure. Having said that, their is no discounting the fact that BA is still much cheaper and immigration is much eAsier as compared to other major world cities such as New York, Hong Kong, London, Moscow, Paris, Sao Pauloetc.

BA does offer everything one needs despite all it's flows and excessive inflation and increase In crime.

Lee said:
Everything...really...Really?

Yeah smart ass.

If you have a point to make, say it straight. Keep your sarcasm and frustration inside you.

Having said that, just read your Your public profile here, where you announce

Quote:

I loath all ignorant religions and gleefully taunt and shit on those who still think there is a god.

: unquote.

Will you like me to shit on you instead?

Back