Young Europeans flock to Argentina

Lee said:
Whatever turns you on sweetheart (PM me)...

Happy Holidays to you!

Wow Lee, I didn't realize you felt so strongly about religion, but respect the fact you feel the way you feel. After all, religion is what start wars, but I too feel strongly in the way that I feel as a conservative Christian (although I have no interest in starting a war with you;-)

You planning that move to Colombia yet? I tell you what, my life is a million times better after having left BA.

GSI, I really wonder what happened to you, I mean, millions of folk lead a happy life in Argentina (granted, not so many in BA, but still a lot). I find happiness in shopping in small neighborhood shops, in the best ice cream in the world (mmm, Dulce de Leche in "Las Flores", Haedo; anything in "Desire", Ituzaingo); in the people dancing chacareras in the Mataderos Fair, in the cobbled streets covered by trees, in so many things...

marksoc said:
GSI, I really wonder what happened to you, I mean, millions of folk lead a happy life in Argentina (granted, not so many in BA, but still a lot). I find happiness in shopping in small neighborhood shops, in the best ice cream in the world (mmm, Dulce de Leche in "Las Flores", Haedo; anything in "Desire", Ituzaingo); in the people dancing chacareras in the Mataderos Fair, in the cobbled streets covered by trees, in so many things...

MERRY CHRISTMAS MARKSOC!! I miss the dulce de leche too...yes, stop the press, i miss something from Argentina (not to mention the Asado a la laña). Can't find that in the States!

I can't be negative on a glorious day like today. Merry Christmas and I hope you all had an amazing day!!

marksoc said:

Yes, a lot of folks lead a happy life in Argentina. Based on what I saw on Anthony Bourdain's TV show No Reservations, that even includes some of those who live in BAC in places like this :

http://www.google.com.ar/search?q=v...BJoybtweH6tnQBg&ved=0CD8QsAQ&biw=1333&bih=678

If T'Brigadier can find (current) photos of NYC that look like anything like the photos in the above link I will have to agree with him that BAC is just as great.

steveinbsas said:
Yes, a lot of folks lead a happy life in Argentina. Based on what I saw on Anthony Bourdain's TV show No Reservations, that even includes some of those who live in BAC in places like this :

http://www.google.com.ar/search?q=v...BJoybtweH6tnQBg&ved=0CD8QsAQ&biw=1333&bih=678

If T'Brigadier can find (current) photos of NYC that look like anything like the photos in the above link I will have to agree with him that BAC is just as great.
Hey steve you got me man!.. what can I say ...:p. I had a lots of pictures of Ny guetos and saddly streets from the 70's hehe. but anyway... the poorness comes and goes.. doesnt it?

Even if Europeans are flocking to BA, I think that says a lot more about the desperation in Europe than it does about BA's opportunities. :p

marksoc said:
The Guardian changed the note to reflect that 1,200 Spaniards are coming to Argentina PER MONTH and not per year. It sounds like a lot to me, but I can say that the city is full of Colombians and Europeans in general (and they are not tourists).

The Guardian was quoting the prime minister of Spain, who was "probably exaggerating" (duh!) when he gave that number.

perry said:
The article has a lot of truth to it and many Europeans are moving of late . I have met Greeks, Norwegians, Spaniards, and other nationalities that have moved to Buenos Aires in 2011 and they also found work here .

Compared to Europe these days Argentina is a paradise for many even with the beurocracy that we complain about daily here . If you look for work you will find it I am sure and while the pay is not great you can certainly live ok and enjoy the beauty that Buenos Aires offers.

I'm not so sure about that. I can see desperation forcing people to move but the prices are higher than in Europe, salaries are prob higher but b/c of inflation, the money doesn't go nearly as far you have A LOT less vacation time and ability to travel here than you do in Europe nor do you have access to the cheap travel options available in Europe and I would hardly describe the process to be employed en blanco here as an easy process.

Plus the airfare to get back home is easily a month's salary (if not two).

I'm not so sure that article is exactly accurate.

Back