Your Favorite Restaurants?

razal said:
Just tried a new closed door restaurant on Saturday called Casa Mun. Can't remember the last time I've had such a tasty meal in BA. It's a 5 course Asian influenced dinner with wine pairings, and while it's a bit pricey at AR$180, totally worth it.

The hosts and atmosphere are a plus - Chef Mun really is a master! Highly recommend.

http://www.casamun.com/

Sounds expensive at 180$ per head. Their are much better dining options if one has to spend 180$. And they are also requesting for gratuity! Such greed!

BankNote said:
Sounds expensive at 180$ per head. Their are much better dining options if one has to spend 180$. And they are also requesting for gratuity! Such greed!

Yes, it is not a place to go every weekend, more for a special occasion but worth every penny. These days, fine dining restaurants will cost around the same price and in my experience, the quality is not consistent. I'd much rather spend a bit more on excellent food. After writing about the BA food scene for a few years, there aren't many excellent Asian restaurants... and not many places where you can get spicy tuna rolls, real dim sum, shredded pork, and korean ribs.

Have you tried Casa Mun? With all due respect, how would you know there are much better dining options for the same price if you haven't tried it?

Thanks for the ideas.

My daughter had lunch at Cafe San Juan today and raved about it.

I'll second the recommendation for Casa Mun! As the chef described it, it's a culinary tour of East Asia. For five courses including wine, I thought the price was very reasonable. What I particularly liked were the dishes that are very hard to find in Buenos Aires, like the Chinese Dim Sum and the Korean spare ribs. Here's the current menu to get your taste buds tingling: http://www.casamun.com/menu/

I also second the recommendations on Sipan. Definitely Casa Mun and Sipan are my two favorite restaurants of 2011 !

jb5 said:
Thanks for the ideas.

My daughter had lunch at Cafe San Juan today and raved about it.

That's just because the food there is freakin' awesome.

That's about the only reason I can think of. (It's probably not the 4 star ;) service*.)

*For some reason they really don't like to let you look at both mini-chalk boards with the menu on them at the same time. It's almost Monty Python comical how they refuse to let you look at the two at once. One has Tapas & Cazuelas and the other has Platos.

They will slide the one behind out so that they are side-by-side for about 0.2 seconds and then slide the one that had previously been in front behind the other one. You can ask about 3 or 4 times if you can look at both of them at the same time, but they will just continue to shuffle them in front of each other like you're their smaller sibling and your parents told you to "Work it out yourselves."

I really enjoyed the food at the vegetarian buffet restaurant on Av Corrientes, i also have a terrible palate so could be hit or miss for anyone else! Good selection tho

BWalker said:
I really enjoyed the food at the vegetarian buffet restaurant on Av Corrientes, i also have a terrible palate so could be hit or miss for anyone else! Good selection tho

Is it Los Sabios on Corrientes y Bulnes? LOVE it! delicious food and pretty cheap prices.

Back