$1 Million Usd To Spend In Bsas - How Long Can It Last?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologies if i have offended anybody as this was not my intention. However, I would kindly ask again that those expats whose advice has clearly not been solicited in my earlier posting..................................................to perhaps find an expat coffee morning or wine tasting meet up somewhere and head off over there. This thread is becoming like visiting a local Argentine restaurant and just when you think you are enjoying a real authentic experience you find there is a couple of loud American expats having a conversation and talking louder than everybody else so the whole restaurant is forced to listen to the entire boring conversation. I know you can't always help yourselves and perhaps are not aware of how annoying that is for other customers but please try and make an effort.

Since, as I mentioned, I am neither male or old, I would fit into the category of people who might be solicited to answer your questions. And yet, as others have mentioned, the manner in which you ask them manages to offend most everyone. It doesn't bode well for one thinking of moving to another country, where you need to be humble enough to sit back quietly at times and learn how things are done in your adopted home.

I agree that this posting is a genuine experience constantly getting interrupted...just when it's becoming one of those super entertaining BAExpats threads where the rest of us are really starting to enjoy ourselves, the OP keeps popping back up and insisting that we pay attention to his Ferrari, his Harvard PhD (no less!) thesis, and his burdensome million bucks.

Musicman, if our opinion really matters, I think you must be seriously bored. Come on, come down to BsAs, make your lil million fun, marry someone like me and I give it a year. You know you want it.
Dada, please do not forget I have a million too, if you are available :). I promise I will be more interesting than MM, by 1000 times.

Dada, I miss you.

Musicman: since you hate conversing with expats so much, it seems silly to come to us for advice. Ask your Argie friends or contacts what they think about your milli. If they are genuine friends you can trust, they'll give you good feedback.

And I miss you guys. The young ones, the old ones and those in between too :)

Thank you for including me in your list. Any idea when you'll be back?

We've made our plans and will be in BsAs 6 Apr-9 May. Hope to see you.

Apologies if i have offended anybody as this was not my intention. However, I would kindly ask again that those expats whose advice has clearly not been solicited in my earlier posting..................................................to perhaps find an expat coffee morning or wine tasting meet up somewhere and head off over there. This thread is becoming like visiting a local Argentine restaurant and just when you think you are enjoying a real authentic experience you find there is a couple of loud American expats having a conversation and talking louder than everybody else so the whole restaurant is forced to listen to the entire boring conversation. I know you can't always help yourselves and perhaps are not aware of how annoying that is for other customers but please try and make an effort.

You are so considerate of us (except, maybe for we old, boring expats - but what the hell). Very good of you to explain our shortcomings so that we can work on them. We know you're a remarkable person yourself, having turned 50 in 2011 and still at that same age! That's wonderful, and we all hope you're willing to share the secret of eternal middle-age. As a bonus you could possibly explain how, for the last 27 years, your hometown has simultaneously been both Houston and Topeka? Ferraris in both places, I assume?

So please come down - and bring the Ferrari and the Tesla. Potholes aren't all that bad, and with your money you can afford Argentina's very best mechanics - proctologists, too.

Sorry folks to take the fun away, but IMHO this is a troll. Altho I have always thought this what makes me certain is his adding the clinker "working on his thesis at Harvard" part. We all must be very bored to take this seriously but he's very amusing. And perservering!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back