A Comment About All The Negativity

I apprecitate all of the very thoughtful responses to my post. Thank you for taking the time to lay out your ideas so succinctly. I agree with many of the responses and permit me to clarify something. The point of my original post wasn't to condem any negative comments. If my post read that way I appologize. I was offering my own experience with being negative on the country and the things that have helped me to deal with it.

I would never say to someone, "If you don't like it then leave" nor "If you don't have anything positive to say then keep your mouth shut." Comments highlighting areas that need change are very needed. Plus, we all need ways to vent and I have some key friends that I use on occassion just to "hear me out and let me scream." :)

Yes, I'm very concerned about the trajectory of Argentina and, like many, I'm very embedded here and to leave would be very difficult. I've been here since mid-2006 and seen a steady decline in quality of life - though in some specific areas it has gotten better, particularly customer service in certain industries.

Thanks for contributing and again, my appologies if my post read in a judgemental way.

I had the discussion regarding the so called 10 year cycle with my wife last night.
For my part, I just couldn't see it and couldn't accept that local people refer to this cycle as if it were a law of nature, like some sort of natural phenomenon....a La Niña or suchlike.
Well, she being an accountant and economist (of which I am neither), debunked all of my arguments at a stroke.
Now, if only I could remember what the hell she was on about :(

Gringoboy said:
I had the discussion regarding the so called 10 year cycle with my wife last night.
For my part, I just couldn't see it and couldn't accept that local people refer to this cycle as if it were a law of nature, like some sort of natural phenomenon....a La Niña or suchlike.
Well, she being an accountant and economist (of which I am neither), debunked all of my arguments at a stroke.
Now, if only I could remember what the hell she was on about :(

Lol. You should get her to comment on here (or a separate thread entirely might be better), maybe we could learn a thing or two or get into arguments or something!

nicoenarg said:
Lol. You should get her to comment on here (or a separate thread entirely might be better), maybe we could learn a thing or two or get into arguments or something!

I would like to hear her ops as well!! Get her over here to give us the (her) scoop :)

I understand the negativity, because BA is a tough place on the soul. I am still recovering. And I don't know what the comment is about beautiful people. To me a beautiful person is a peaceful, creative, restless, unpredictable, cruel, strange, predictable, chaotic, lost, confused giving person, all are messy and beautiful and all serve a purpose, in the Universes messed up way. Physical beauty has been redefined since I arrived in BA, since I am not traditionally beautiful especially to the eyes of an Argentine men, I have been reduced to a body, a color, and what I wear and earn. I am not beauty in Argentina, the cleaning lady, who cleaned the yoga house, who I thought was beautiful, is not considered beautiful here, there was social status prejudice here, confusion, frustration, and lack of integration, (this an education much needed in BA). Living in economic bardo, limbo ,which I could only manage for so long (and yes I am aware there are many worlds here, much more complex than what I had experienced, ) when I read these comments, the negative , the positive, the differences, I appreciate those that express and speak from the heart. As Bill Hicks says, "Play from your heart!!!" Offend me please, I rather you tell me the truth than give me the pharmaceutical drugs. I rather feel the pain than for you to euthanize me. Each of you live a different lifestyle than the other. Those who earn pesos on this site, who struggle economically and don't have savings, I sympathies with you, god do I sympathies with you, those that have money but live in fear,I feel for you, too. To feel the constant flow of instability, in such a raw form, can either turn you insane or make you into a true BA Zen master. Goodbye Buenos Aires. I hope to one day be Zen enough to return to your bardo and learn from your lessons.

I think the main issue is buenos aires. I just moved to cordoba after 5 years in ba and find it much nicer in every way, from the people to the nightlife, music scene and amazing countryside an hour away.. makes me wonder why I didn't move here sooner..

mhenna11 said:
I understand the negativity, because BA is a tough place on the soul. I am still recovering. And I don't know what the comment is about beautiful people. To me a beautiful person is a peaceful, creative, restless, unpredictable, cruel, strange, predictable, chaotic, lost, confused giving person, all are messy and beautiful and all serve a purpose, in the Universes messed up way. Physical beauty has been redefined since I arrived in BA, since I am not traditionally beautiful especially to the eyes of an Argentine men, I have been reduced to a body, a color, and what I wear and earn. I am not beauty in Argentina, the cleaning lady, who cleaned the yoga house, who I thought was beautiful, is not considered beautiful here, there was social status prejudice here, confusion, frustration, and lack of integration, (this an education much needed in BA). Living in economic bardo, limbo ,which I could only manage for so long (and yes I am aware there are many worlds here, much more complex than what I had experienced, ) when I read these comments, the negative , the positive, the differences, I appreciate those that express and speak from the heart. As Bill Hicks says, "Play from your heart!!!" Offend me please, I rather you tell me the truth than give me the pharmaceutical drugs. I rather feel the pain than for you to euthanize me. Each of you live a different lifestyle than the other. Those who earn pesos on this site, who struggle economically and don't have savings, I sympathies with you, god do I sympathies with you, those that have money but live in fear,I feel for you, too. To feel the constant flow of instability, in such a raw form, can either turn you insane or make you into a true BA Zen master. Goodbye Buenos Aires. I hope to one day be Zen enough to return to your bardo and learn from your lessons.

You say you aren't physically attractive by Argentine standards? What do you look like? Are you skinny? Large? Have a big nose? (BTW, I have a big nose so I'm concerned.)

nicoenarg said:

She hates forums, but might be pursuaded...................

Gringoboy said:
She hates forums, but might be pursuaded...................

Hmm....well how about, if she educates us on here, you buy her a nice necklace or something. It's a win-win for everyone!!! :D

Back