Airbnb property manager

Regardless of the company you use, do yourself a HUGE favor and buy a Nest Yale electronic lock. (Or any other smart lock) where you can program it and see a history of all entries and exits. I did this years ago to all my properties that I own and I don't even give my property manager a key. It works flawlessly and rental guests don't need keys for your door either after you do this.

This way there is no way that a property manager can use your property without you knowing about it. I recently started adding Google Nest Doorbells with video camera as well and it keeps a 30 day history as well.

Even with a good property manager, it's good to have peace of mind knowing every time someone enters/exits your property.

humm my locks are the skeleton key type..an a big metal door...does it still work? handyman type thing?

humm my locks are the skeleton key type..an a big metal door...does it still work? handyman type thing?
Yeah my doors had that too but I just changed it out. You most likely will need a handyman to do it. I did it myself on one of the doors that just had a normal lock but some of my doors had big metal plates on it so the handyman had to configure it to fit. But a handyman should be able to install it on any type of door. I own a few apartments in different countries and I've always gotten these installed and use the same system at home.

I still use deadbolts that a rental guest can lock once they are in the apartment but my main thing that I wanted was to be able to see each time someone enters and exits. The great thing is you can have codes for separate people. So for example, I have separate codes for maids and I can set the hours/days that her code will work.

Rental guests also love it as they don't need any key for the door.

You can see installation here:

The lock is here: https://store.google.com/product/nest_x_yale_lock?hl=en-US&pli=1

They aren't cheap but I've found it well worth it. I've also found it more secure as it's a hassle when rental guests would lose the key as I would have to change the locks, etc. Now, each rental guest can get their own code and it can change for each rental guest.

You can even set notifications to get an alert to your phone each time the door is unlocked. So you can see if your property manager is renting it and not telling you. This is really a must for any rental property owner. Especially if you're going to Airbnb it.

Back