Amazing how expensive BsArs is

The 1/4 Pounder w/ Cheese value meal is $38 pesos in Argentina (8.5 USD). I believe that's a good 50% higher than the U.S. price. Regardless, I still find BA cheaper than most U.S. cities overall. Granted, I rarely eat McDonalds and haven't had to purchase much clothes or electronics. My largest expense is rent which is far cheaper than I'd pay in LA, NYC, or DC.

hannstew said:
Compared to where, Norway?

The Big Mac's price is artificially set here, I believe at 21.50. That's why McDonald's doesn't list it on their main menu, but only on the one with fine print on the wall.

It's to fool the Big Mac Index and give an indicator that inflation is not big here.

In Amsterdam just the food in the supermarket, electronics and clothes are cheaper

Rent = 1300/1500 euro
Train trip 100 km return ticket = 40 euro's
Movies, coke, popcorn = 11 euro's
Going out = 30/50 euro
Gas = 1,80 a liter
Diesel = 1,50 a liter
Public transport = 100 euro a month
Gas, water, electricity = Around 200 euro a months, but depends on loads of stuff
Taxes = much higher
Maid = 10 euro an hour

A foreigner wanting to live and work in Amsterdam will have to calculate with 2500/3500 euro's a month and this is the same in most other major cities in Europe.

The instant coffee I buy, which I don't like but it's what I need to do at this time, has went up 66% since I moved here in November 2011. It started at 16.5 pesos and is now 27.5. It's went up from 19 to 27 in a month or so. Amazing.

starlucia said:
Now please excuse me while I go swim in my 2-euro blocks of local cheese and loaves of spelt bread...

you have spelt bread?????

Back