An Ex-Expat's Observations from the US

citygirl said:
Doesn't the dudester actually live in the US:confused:

Dude (pun intended) - if you hate it so much, stop sucking on the teat and leave the US. There are lots of countries out there. But I'll break it to you now - none are perfect.:rolleyes:

No, I actually live in Paris part time (France, not Texas) and I'll break it to you, I've been to about 80 countries in the 3 decades, living in some for awhile. If it wasn't due to business concerns/reasons I (and my GF who is on board 100% with my views on the crumbling empire - but she's Italian American, one decline and fall of an Empire is probably enough for her - lol) would be out of here faster than a speeding bullet from a hand gun. I also keep a very close eye on BsAs (Having been there numerous times for long stays) and would most likely make that my second home. It has it's problems but so does Paris (but nothing like the USA).

Nothing's perfect (no sh*t) but it's all about shades of grey. If you have a headache that's an 8 or 9 (USA) or one that's a 3 (Paris) I'll take the 3 (scale is 1 to 10, 10 being the worst). BsAs maybe a 5 (but it's a lot cheaper than expensive Los Angeles so one must factor that variable in. I mean, do you guys think I was born yesterday? I've been running my own business' since 1976, I've learned a few things along the way, I believe in Lifelong education and learning, not life long slacking). I don't speak until I know exactly what I'm talking about.

I work in a business that's connected to health (the good side, not the evil Pharma, Health Insurance, Health Care for profit side) and hear people's HORROR stories of losing their houses, losing EVERYTHING due to sky rocketing , in-sane - total greed driven health care costs that they could NEVER pay in a million years - Have you heard these stories almost daily? - I think not. So maybe you should LISTEN and LEARN before you just start yapping away.

You don't know what I know (if you did I can assure you you would be in tears if you give a Damn about your fellow human being). No decent person, and these are hard working, American loving, Decent people, deserves this "Legal Robbery" - OK'ed by the Corrupt US Government Whores . It's nothing but pure evil, pure greed, and immoral disgusting behavior that other Governments (French Government for instance) puts a stop to before it got TOO BIG.

I speak in strong, opinionated terms, that's my style. If you don't like it skip my posts. The bottom line is it's ALL TRUE. If you wanna believe in Fairy tales don't read my stuff. If you can't stand the decline of the USA do something about it, join a group, hit the streets (not with a gun but with a loud, educated voice - I did it in 1972 in S.F. with Jane Fonda, you can do it now) ..... apathy and denial to the truth will get you NOWHERE. If you wanna put your head in the sand be my guest, most Americans do (I guess life has been too easy for too long - harsh awaking coming very soon). Long Live France/Happy MLK day, Dudester

PS your insults don't mean sh*t to me cause as Dylan said "I know my song well/Before I start singing" enough said

Dudester said:
No, I actually live in Paris part time (France, not Texas) and I'll break it to you, I've been to about 80 countries in the 3 decades, living in some for awhile. If it wasn't due to business concerns/reasons I (and my GF who is on board 100% with my views on the crumbling empire - but she's Italian American, one decline and fall of an Empire is probably enough for her - lol) would be out of here faster than a speeding bullet from a hand gun. I also keep a very close eye on BsAs (Having been there numerous times for long stays) and would most likely make that my second home. It has it's problems but so does Paris (but nothing like the USA).

Nothing's perfect (no sh*t) but it's all about shades of grey. If you have a headache that's an 8 or 9 (USA) or one that's a 3 (Paris) I'll take the 3 (scale is 1 to 10, 10 being the worst). BsAs maybe a 5 (but it's a lot cheaper than expensive Los Angeles so one must factor that variable in. I mean, do you guys think I was born yesterday? I've been running my own business' since 1976, I've learned a few things along the way, I believe in Lifelong education and learning, not life long slacking). I don't speak until I know exactly what I'm talking about.

I work in a business that's connected to health (the good side, not the evil Pharma, Health Insurance, Health Care for profit side) and hear people's HORROR stories of losing their houses, losing EVERYTHING due to sky rocketing , in-sane - total greed driven health care costs that they could NEVER pay in a million years - Have you heard these stories almost daily? - I think not. So maybe you should LISTEN and LEARN before you just start yapping away.

You don't know what I know (if you did I can assure you you would be in tears if you give a Damn about your fellow human being). No decent person, and these are hard working, American loving, Decent people, deserves this "Legal Robbery" - OK'ed by the Corrupt US Government Whores . It's nothing but pure evil, pure greed, and immoral disgusting behavior that other Governments (French Government for instance) puts a stop to before it got TOO BIG.

I speak in strong, opinionated terms, that's my style. If you don't like it skip my posts. The bottom line is it's ALL TRUE. If you wanna believe in Fairy tales don't read my stuff. If you can't stand the decline of the USA do something about it, join a group, hit the streets (not with a gun but with a loud, educated voice - I did it in 1972 in S.F. with Jane Fonda, you can do it now) ..... apathy and denial to the truth will get you NOWHERE. If you wanna put your head in the sand be my guest, most Americans do (I guess life has been too easy for too long - harsh awaking coming very soon). Long Live France/Happy MLK day, Dudester

PS your insults don't mean sh*t to me cause as Dylan said "I know my song well/Before I start singing" enough said

You're a f%cking hypocrite and liar! ALL TRUE???? Are you serious???? Do you believe the SHIT you write??? OMG! Figures you live in France...PLEASE stay there.

Funny, if someone else speaks in "strong, opinionated terms" you label them 'chickenshits' and 'crazy'...but when you do it, it's fine. It's just how you are, get over it.

You distort the truth. You condemn and accuse with no hard facts or "truths". You DO call people names. Typical liberal double standard...

You are "proud" of standing alongside Jane Fonda...WHAT?? That says everything anyone needs to know about you.

This thread started out quite nicely.
Maybe we should get back on topic?
The concept of home is a big, big question which i have been struggling with for about ten years.
Although i have been living here for about five years and before that various countries in Europe and on a boat, I still regard Britain as my home .
Much that i see so many good things about living here, my mind will never consider it 'home'.
It's a very personal perspective.

Gringoboy said:
This thread started out quite nicely.
Maybe we should get back on topic?
The concept of home is a big, big question which i have been struggling with for about ten years.
Although i have been living here for about five years and before that various countries in Europe and on a boat, I still regard Britain as my home .
Much that i see so many good things about living here, my mind will never consider it 'home'.
It's a very personal perspective.
Ah c'mon ! I never tire of seeing people still get worked up about Hanoi Jane. LOL. Let's beat up on Tom Hayden too.

Hanoi Jane? -lol, what a bunch of unknowledgable bozo's you 2 - ghost, Jared - are (but GREAT for a laugh - and I'm LMAO !!!). It has been PROVEN by the side that started it - one of the main players, Secretary of State Robert McNamara - in the DVD documentary "THE FOG OF WAR" that the Vietnamese War was most likely a big mistake. It is highly believed that if Kennedy had lived he would have pulled US troops out of Vietnam during his second term. Ahhh, but he was denied that second term.... always did wonder who the shooters were in Dallas on 11/22/63. We know Oswald didn't/couldn't have been one of the shooter - Inside Job? Who would benefit? Military Industrial Complex? Interesting food for thought (first bill LBJ signed when he assumed the Presidency was to escalate the Vietnam conflict/war). War makes tons of money for a few highly evil, no morals, slime balls. Interesting stuff......

Shut the Front Door!!! Oliver Stone is on this message board?

I thought aging hippies all died in like the late 90's? Are you still relevant? Really Vietnam War...that's like just after the Pre-Cambrian Period right?

Anyway, Back to the OP. Hope you are enjoying it. Please have some pancakes slathered with maple syrup for me. Home is a state of mind, and if your state of mind does not change from time to time you are either close minded or brain dead!

ghost said:
Soul you Dog:
Congrats...that is one super nice plug you got in Curbed. Beautiful!!!!!!
http://curbed.com/archives/2011/01/06/the-best-views-money-can-buy.php

Thanks. It was by luck, I posted about our property on a ski message board and someone contacted me who asked if we would be keen to had our property featured. I quickly and graciously accepted.

Back to the original subject, I have also caught myself eavesdropping because I can understand everything people are saying (without trying too hard). And I definitely am driving way more defensively than I used to, or is needed.

Oliver Stone? A brilliant GENIUS and fantastic film maker. In America's top 3 - Stone, the late Stanley Kubrick (even though he moved and worked in England after Dr "Strangelove"), Martin Scorsese tied with Woody Allen. Final Word on that one. Dudester

You do know that California is on the brink of financial collapse? Illinois, New York and Jersey are also. What´s the unemployment rate? What are your utility bills? I would like more than anything to leave BA, but EEUU (I´m born and raised) is NOT a thought. I´ll be in SCSF (santuary city San Francisco) from the 24th to the 30th. I´m from Ms Nancy´s district. I´ll do some observing and maybe report.

Back