Another Fatal Train Accident - Many Injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course, that same government prevents LAN - a superior airline - from importing additional planes to expand its services because Aerolíneas would be an even bigger money loser. This inept government has no business trying to run any business.

Soundbites are easy, and a significant part of the problem drowning serious political discourse in this country.

I agree, the currently govt is appalling, however unless we understand the root cause of why the where elected then we are doomed to repeat the same pendulum swings of bad govt.

AA was gutted and turned into a basketcase. It was owned by completely incompetent entity (Grupo Marsans), who later went bankrupt and whose former directors face prison in Europe. Infrastructure upgrade was required, at that time LAN weren't bidding for route expansion.

From my limited understanding of Aviation I would say that the govt needs to split off the airline from the routes. Routes should be subject to license, and should be sold by the govt. Non-profitable local routes should be supported by licensing profitable routes to 3rd parties and should also be supported by govt subsidy, as happens in many other national carriers. Not every route is profitable, licensing conditions as I understand, stipulate certain investment in national infrastructure.

If LAN are on board with those conditions, let them buy the license (or slots, whatever the correct terminology is) to operate the route, no problem at all with that. The govt dont see it that way as they are clinging to their protectionist ideals, incorrectly.

In short, I agree, let LAN in, but let's not forget the rotten state that Grupo Marsans left AA in. If it can be sold again, it should be sold with solid terms and conditions re: investment and maintenance.

Soundbites are easy, and a significant part of the problem drowning serious political discourse in this country.

I agree, the currently govt is appalling, however unless we understand the root cause of why the where elected then we are doomed to repeat the same pendulum swings of bad govt.

AA was gutted and turned into a basketcase. It was owned by completely incompetent entity (Grupo Marsans), who later went bankrupt and whose former directors face prison in Europe. Infrastructure upgrade was required, at that time LAN weren't bidding for route expansion.

From my limited understanding of Aviation I would say that the govt needs to split off the airline from the routes. Routes should be subject to license, and should be sold by the govt. Non-profitable local routes should be supported by licensing profitable routes to 3rd parties and should also be supported by govt subsidy, as happens in many other national carriers. Not every route is profitable, licensing conditions as I understand, stipulate certain investment in national infrastructure.

If LAN are on board with those conditions, let them buy the license (or slots, whatever the correct terminology is) to operate the route, no problem at all with that. The govt dont see it that way as they are clinging to their protectionist ideals, incorrectly.

In short, I agree, let LAN in, but let's not forget the rotten state that Grupo Marsans left AA in. If it can be sold again, it should be sold with solid terms and conditions re: investment and maintenance.

The only pendulum swing here is a combination of incompetence, ineptitude, aparthy and curruption and a WORSE combination of the same.

Not to take the focus off of this sad topic, but for the sake of clarity, AR is the two letter airline code for Aerolineas Argentinas. AA is the code for American Airlines.

The only pendulum swing here is a combination of incompetence, ineptitude, aparthy and curruption and a WORSE combination of the same.

Obviously, but that really doesnt say much about the under investment at the hands of the former owners of AR. What point in stating the obvious without thinking about how the current mafia had the opportunity to take power.

Not to take the focus off of this sad topic, but for the sake of clarity, AR is the two letter airline code for Aerolineas Argentinas. AA is the code for American Airlines.

American is pretty awful for customer service, but it's no AC (AeroCámpora).

American is pretty awful for customer service, but it's no AC (AeroCámpora).

Better find another code for Aero Campora. AC is the code for Air Canada. How about AK? Aero Kampora.

Never flown AA, but have sadly had to fly AC a number of times, and my advice to anyone thinking of trying them out is to straight up forget about it.
Passangers constantly bumped, flights delayed, terrible maintenance, and petty compensation, and these are just my experiences in the last year!

This thread is about railways, not international airlines. Few Argentines ever FLY. They DO rode the trains.

Yesterday afternoon I noticed the long lines (a block and a half long) of people waiting to ride the bus because the trains are not working. That's what I have too look forward to this morning in my daily trip on the Sarmiento train. Let's see if I'm able to get on a bus with space in less than hour, then an hour and a half trip because the damn bus company won't supply more buses during freak accidents like this one. The train is useful but the quality is so "third-world". You don't even have to pay to use it. The ticket vendors don't care, and one wonders why they can't afford the improve the quality of the trains and service. The only good thing they've got going is the electronic display on every platform that notifies you when the next train will arrive. And American Airlines has bad service comparable to the trains. 70% of all my flights were delayed. It took me 32 hours to get to Seattle last year and they compensated me with a $12 US lunch voucher in the Miami airport. But the lomo here, that I mentioned in the "Where's the beef" thread is excellent. Bad transportation is the sacrifice one must make for a great steak. Hahaha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back