Another Fatal Train Accident - Many Injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
And.....for all of you with a memory still intact, recall that the Ks were going to build a bullet train from BA to Rosario. Can you imagine the annual carnage count at 200MPH.

Yes, true. Despite all the rethoric nothing seems to have been done to improve the railways - and the Kirchners have insisted that reviving national passenger train service is a priority.

The motor man is under criminal prosecution for intentional havoc. The black box shows he was speeding up until he crashed and he ignores many alert lights.
I worked on the LAPA case (an aircraft accident during take off) were 66 people died and judges accused for negligent accident. They are very reluctant to use the accusation of intentional. So, there shoul be very clear evidence.
As soon as the government took to improve the service as a campaign strategy, the "accident" is fishy and innocent people dies in between.

The motor man is under criminal prosecution for intentional havoc. The black box shows he was speeding up until he crashed and he ignores many alert lights.
I worked on the LAPA case (an aircraft accident during take off) were 66 people died and judges accused for negligent accident. They are very reluctant to use the accusation of intentional. So, there shoul be very clear evidence.
As soon as the government took to improve the service as a campaign strategy, the "accident" is fishy and innocent people dies in between.

So shouldn't they train these drivers better or select decent people? Are they going to shoot the witness again for this?

Again the blame lies with the people who run the thing.

Without wishing to be rude here, I'm again having trouble translating bajo_cero's post into English.
Through no fault of their own, three people have lost their lives and the insinuation from some quarters is that it may have been intentional which in itself would have politically motivated implications.
I find that very hard to believe.
I think this regime should take the bull by the horns and stop ALL these ancient trains immediately and carry out a full and thorough inspection of each and every one, human error or not.

Speaking of due process, some lawyer you are Bajo Control. You don't believe in waiting for the verdict in the Once case? You are happy enough to publically insinuate the driver was at fault pre-verdict and you don't believe there is any evidence to suggest systemic underinvestment or misappropriation of funds?

Yes, the trains should be halted immediately. Chaos will ensue, but that is surely better than further loss of life. Unfortunately there isn't a single public body in the country today capable or motivated to take and subsequently manage that decision.

And to make it even easier for them, there's a long holiday coming up which would be the ideal time to stop all services and carry out mandatory inspections.
This doesn't take courage, it takes the will and good common sense.
The disruption would be minimal and in fact the least consideration really.

Blah, blah...Bajo. You know what? There are little gizmos called Train Stop and anti crash that any responsile operator in a crowded metro area can install and use to prevent this never ending chain of deadly crashes. This goes all the way to top of the management chain. Maintainance money goes to maintain infrastructure not Fuc...ing shoes from Paris.

And.....for all of you with a memory still intact, recall that the Ks were going to build a bullet train from BA to Rosario. Can you imagine the annual carnage count at 200MPH.

While most of the tracks covering the whole country are going to waste, and the once impressive insfrastructure is decayed beyond repair, the Ks "took over" some years ago the single argentinian engineering company with all the international quality certifications to build the bullet train. It was going to be another one of their shady multimillion businesses.
Not the country's interest at stake, just theirs.

Randazzo: "Can't do in one year what hasn't been done in 50!". Hmm, what about 10 years then? The so called "Won decade"?

As an aside , it is my understanding that Argentine industry has fallen so far , they are no longer able , or simply choose to not produce , rails for the railroads . Or rail cars. They actually used to produce locomotives in country as well.

Yes. In fact Nestor pocketed a cool $2 million USD when that deal was penned. There was never any intention of benifiting the Argentine public.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back