Another Fatal Train Accident - Many Injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dublin mate, it's too late for what you are asking.
Numerous have jumped on this bandwagon so to speak and I think Solanas hit the spot:
"El pasajero está condenado a arriesgar su vida y su cuerpo, viajando en condiciones infrahumanas. Habría que desafiar a la Presidenta, a D'Elía y a los ministros a viajar en estas condiciones"

At this point it seems rather suspicious that on the same line the same thing happened. People are still hanging off the trains.

The Sarmiento is in notoriously bad condition. I used to live in Almagro and could see the line from my balcony. In my year and half or so in that apartment I saw 2 or 3 derailments -- there were apparently no major injuries, and I think the most disturbing thing was seeing how people would just walk away from the train as if this was a normal occurence.

Here's a photo from December 2006 out my window, you can see the derailment of one of the carriages.

Attachments

• Brasil-Vancouver 116.jpg
    Brasil-Vancouver 116.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 44
I dunno, I wouldn't be too comfortable making political capital while bodies are still warm.

I´m not saying it isn't entirely the govt´s fault, I don't know, I just think some decorum and a modicum of patience would serve everyone well.

I think the travelling public have a right to throw their 'modicum of patience' out of the window.
This isn't the first such accident as we all know, but it was waiting to happen.
It's extremely sad that people have to hop off a train that's been derailed, walk across dangerous tracks and arrive at their place of work and say 'Que vamos a hacer? Es lo que hay....'
As per usual the queen plays her fiddle as Rome burns.

K spends about 3 million us dollars a day subsidizing Aerolíneas Argentinas: Argentine airline. Enough money to buy new rolling railroad stock in Argentina every year. Give me a break about not blaming the Gov. Find this to be the biggest travesty of all, except for, the billion dollar expense for "Football For All." How can a government defend such a position?

I´m not defending the govt, I just a bit of due process is called for until we actually know what caused the accident!

In relation to AA - interesting to strip fleet investment out of the operating loss figures and understand what is left over in terms of P&L. We'll never know I guess, but certainly Grupo Marsans are and where almost as bad as the govt at running an airline! If you don't believe me you can look at every other airline they have managed to wreck. They actually had to go bankrupt and sell the company to another company owned by former director of Grupo Marsans who now faces prison. We are not talking about people who left the airline in anything other than a dire state.

Maybe you could argue that the govt should let it fail if it wasn't critical to the national infrastructure. So, the question is can you find a private investor who will leave you with an airline that will be a backbone of the countries transport network that will have to run at a loss due to necessary fleet upgrades, or do you step in and accept the loss and try and get it back on it's knees.

Probably the latter, as there were no buyers forthcoming when Grupo Marsans wanted rid. Note, they sold AA (a disputed sale) shortly before going bankrupt and attempting a fraudulent transfer of the companies assets into the company of a former director!

The railroads is a story of corruption and swindling, this accident aside, there should be people in prison already, members of the current government among them.

I think the travelling public have a right to throw their 'modicum of patience' out of the window.
This isn't the first such accident as we all know, but it was waiting to happen.
It's extremely sad that people have to hop off a train that's been derailed, walk across dangerous tracks and arrive at their place of work and say 'Que vamos a hacer? Es lo que hay....'
As per usual the queen plays her fiddle as Rome burns.

They definitely do, but they also have a right to know exactly what caused this accident.

I´m not defending the govt, I just a bit of due process is called for until we actually know what caused the accident!

In relation to AA - interesting to strip fleet investment out of the operating loss figures and understand what is left over in terms of P&L. We'll never know I guess, but certainly Grupo Marsans are and where almost as bad as the govt at running an airline! If you don't believe me you can look at every other airline they have managed to wreck. They actually had to go bankrupt and sell the company to another company owned by former director of Grupo Marsans who now faces prison. We are not talking about people who left the airline in anything other than a dire state.

Maybe you could argue that the govt should let it fail if it wasn't critical to the national infrastructure. So, the question is can you find a private investor who will leave you with an airline that will be a backbone of the countries transport network that will have to run at a loss due to necessary fleet upgrades, or do you step in and accept the loss and try and get it back on it's knees.

Probably the latter, as there were no buyers forthcoming when Grupo Marsans wanted rid. Note, they sold AA (a disputed sale) shortly before going bankrupt and attempting a fraudulent transfer of the companies assets into the company of a former director!

The railroads is a story of corruption and swindling, this accident aside, there should be people in prison already, members of the current government among them.

Of course, that same government prevents LAN - a superior airline - from importing additional planes to expand its services because Aerolíneas would be an even bigger money loser. This inept government has no business trying to run any business.

Of course, that same government prevents LAN - a superior airline - from importing additional planes to expand its services because Aerolíneas would be an even bigger money loser. This inept government has no business trying to run any business.

I wouldn't mind who owns it as long as they do a good job. It doesn't seem to matter here though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back