Another Lanata Party Tonight!

In fact I was half expecting him to announce to the world (with his serious face and drooping eyelids) that he is terminally ill, has only so many months to live and bringing this government down will be the last thing he does, even if it kills him.

Gringoboy, apart from that the horrendous sketches made it a pretty insufferable 2 hours. 5 mins worth of material spread thin over two hours of lowbrow guff.

I think I got nostalgic for Rte (irish national broadcaster!) at one stage, and that ain't good! I think he could have unveiled the secret of everlasting youth and I wouldnt have noticed in between all the cringe-worthiness.

It needed a bit of Gay Byne "well done, well done" for sure...

Gringoyboy my girlfriend cant even stand to watch and read these articles I keep putting in front of her. She tells me it makes her sad and puts her in a bad mood, shes seen it all before, knows its true but then also knows that nothing significant will change and that these kind of absolute scum (basura) will still rule at the end of the day.

I do truly hope that one day Argentina cant start putting these people behind bars, that it will atleast have honestish politicians and that it can create a real cultural change for the society.

I know I'm going to repeat the obvious, but just in case anyone has missed it... BAEZ is NESTOR. Baez is Cristina Kirchner. What ever Baez owns, it belongs to the Kirchner family, Baez is just a legal entity, a living breathing walking 'human front' and any money or property he supposedly controls is in reality stolen property amassed, owned and fully controlled by the Kirchners family. Baez was no one before Nestor took over the presidency in 2003. Baez was never an entrepreneur nor wealthy before Nestor becomes president in 2003. Just thought I'd repeat this fact to anyone who may have missed it.

I know I'm going to repeat the obvious, but just in case anyone has missed it... BAEZ is NESTOR. Baez is Cristina Kirchner. What ever Baez owns, it belongs to the Kirchner family, Baez is just a legal entity, a living breathing walking 'human front' and any money or property he supposedly controls is in reality stolen property amassed, owned and fully controlled by the Kirchners family. Baez was no one before Nestor took over the presidency in 2003. Baez was never an entrepreneur nor wealthy before Nestor becomes president in 2003. Just thought I'd repeat this fact to anyone who may have missed it.

He and so many, many others...

I do truly hope that one day Argentina cant start putting these people behind bars, that it will atleast have honestish politicians and that it can create a real cultural change for the society.

I couldn't agree more & I believe most English speaking expats & residents on these forums hope the same. I think that most of the time I read people's comments on this thread complaining & criticizing Argentina is cause deep down they sincerely desire the best for this country & are painfully disappointed with what they see. All those wasted opportunities.

As an Argentine I'm going to do my one cents worth & attend tomorrows congreso march. Too many Argentines are too timid & downright selfish, choosing to tolerate corruption for the sake of short term FALSE benefits. I say it has to start with 'ZERO TOLERANCE'. It really makes me cringe when ever I hear some of my countrymen say "Oh it's OK if they steal a bit, it's to be expected from politicians".

I still believe that it takes a small percentage of united & determined citizens to initiate a positive change. Let's see what happens.

It could be that there is a 'perfect storm' brewing here for this USELESS thieving government, with all it's corruption & mismanagement...for the first time in history we have not only highly active social networks that are an asset for fast mobilization but also the growing awareness that Argentina has been left far behind by the rest of South America...the citizens of this country have been slow to learn but this time round I think people will start to question why?. More than ever I now have firm faith in this governments' ability to SELF destruct. As ludicrous as it sounds, it gives me hope for a change.

Does anyone have a good single word translation of "testaferro?"
In the dictionary it defines it as 'Front Man' or 'dummy' , 'front' . In other words, a person who 'lends' his identity to be used in a contract on behalf of someone else as part of a fraudulent or misleading operation.

Back