Another Lanata Party Tonight!

Why would you "hope" for proof that the President is a crook? Why not hope that she is not a crook?

There's enough corruption in the world without hoping for more!

It is pretty circumstancial in fairness. The great shame is that we wont have an investigation as the impartiality of public bodies in this country is lamentably a joke.

I think this is the same attitude that led Lanata to make an arse of himself last week: 'I know this premise is true, so therefore I do not need to be thorough or journalistic in my work.' With that attitude you could find data to prove anything you want.

In the end, this has just become a game between two overly powerful groups (the K's and Grupo Clarìn) and they are just using us as marionettes in their sordid melodrama. Basta! Let's think for ourselves without getting orders from 678 or TN.

haha!!!! its not about hoping or no hoping to find out! I ALREADY KNOW she's a crook! i am HOPING that something is done about it, but unfortunately as rich one says, theres no real proof until proven in the court of law, and it will never get that far:(

I think this is the same attitude that led Lanata to make an arse of himself last week: 'I know this premise is true, so therefore I do not need to be thorough or journalistic in my work.' With that attitude you could find data to prove anything you want.

In the end, this has just become a game between two overly powerful groups (the K's and Grupo Clarìn) and they are just using us as marionettes in their sordid melodrama. Basta! Let's think for ourselves without getting orders from 678 or TN.

I hear you that there are 2 extremes here, but have no doubt that their is truth in Lanatas story. I think his journalism is quite thorough, but unfortunately money and power can change any story into a hollywood style joke!

That's not the journalist's job, which is to publicize abuses of the public trust (such as it is, in Argentina).

If it wasn't for journalistic exposes there would have been no Watergate, no Strauss-Kahn, no Governor of Philly Affair, etc. and in Argentina some major scandals like Jaime, ValijaGate, Michelli Bag, no Schoklender Sueños Postergados!!

I hear you that there are 2 extremes here, but have no doubt that their is truth in Lanatas story. I think his journalism is quite thorough, but unfortunately money and power can change any story into a hollywood style joke!

I'm not sure if you're referring to the K's money and power or Grupo Clarín's money and power; both are obscene. But you can ask yourself a simple question about the 'journalism' you get from either side: would the journalist making the exposé still have a job if the facts he was exposing were the opposite?

Or to quote a true journalist “It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends on his not understanding it.”

Lanata has lamentably shown himself to be yet one more Stalinist stenographer echoing the diktats of those who sign his cheques. Yet the Hollywood Style Jokes from both camps are only published as long as we are stupid enough to dedicate precious brain cells to them.

Back