Anyone have Fibertel Wideband?

AlfajorEfi said:
I HAVE Fibertel 30 megas, no cap. Pay 700 pesos per month.
Have it since August, worked on and off for diff rewsons but overall I get at speedtest.net 28 to 32 download and 3 megas upload..

Didnt pay for august and september just since October..too many issues since it was brand new, we Were and maybe are the only ones in the country with this service.
It was so new it took 3 visits to install since they had no experience and no one what they were doing...

you pay double?

AlfajorEfi said:
I HAVE Fibertel 30 megas, no cap. Pay 700 pesos per month.
Have it since August, worked on and off for diff rewsons but overall I get at speedtest.net 28 to 32 download and 3 megas upload..

Didnt pay for august and september just since October..too many issues since it was brand new, we Were and maybe are the only ones in the country with this service.
It was so new it took 3 visits to install since they had no experience and no one what they were doing...

I pay 130$ for 3mega. Now I realize why speed is so low here. :rolleyes:
I might switch, but only if it can be installed in 1x. I really don't want to be calling them 100 times and spend 5 days at home waiting for them to finally come. :eek:
I have Fibertel experience. Although once it works, it really works...

katti said:
I pay 130$ for 3mega. Now I realize why speed is so low here. :rolleyes:
I might switch, but only if it can be installed in 1x. I really don't want to be calling them 100 times and spend 5 days at home waiting for them to finally come. :eek:
I have Fibertel experience. Although once it works, it really works...

I'm really happy with the switch from 3 megas to 6 megas, especially since I am getting 12 megas most of the time. It was a huge improvement over the 3 mega service. AND, they did not have to change equipment which they have to do for the new Evolution service.

Trying to decide if 30 megas is worth it or now. I'm also curious why you're paying $700 pesos?!?!

What does the 250 monthly cap mean? how much do you normally use, for example watching a movie on line?

katti said:
What does the 250 monthly cap mean? how much do you normally use, for example watching a movie on line?

That's 250GB a month of data. It is a huge amount of data, and streaming would never go over that. It would be like downloading 200+ full length high-def movies.

Sleuth said:
That's 250GB a month of data. It is a huge amount of data, and streaming would never go over that. It would be like downloading 200+ full length high-def movies.

Ok, that seems like enough. I think I'll go for it...

Back