Anyone have Fibertel Wideband?

AlfajorEfi said:
I don't understand something, where did you get the pricing for the 30 megas. It's 700 pesos, as I get billed.
http://webmail.fibertel.com.ar/Section.aspx?Id=444

Does it say somewhere else its less? Did anyone get 30 and pay less?
Otherwise, not sure why I am asked why am I paying double...

This is a brand new service. Looks like you're on the old plan. I would call them and switch. The link I have above gives the price for 30 Mbps as $350/mo with Evolution.

Their promotional web site for Evolution says $350, with a $100 installation fee. Click the "Fibertel Evolution" button at the bottom of the page. They do however, refer to it as a promotion elsewhere on the site, without any further information. So my guess is that the $350 is an introductory price and it then maybe goes up to $700??. They often do that with all their products after a start period. But you should call anyways and find out why you're paying $700 when they are advertising Evolution for half.

I have a few local friends here, who have got cable tv/internet on promotions - usually 1/2 price for 6 months, then when the 6 months are just about up they phone and say they dont want it anymore as they cant afford the higher price, they are then offered it for another 6 months at the promotion price.. One friend in san isidro has been doing this for 2 years now, he is on his 5th 1/2 price promotion..

This is not a promotion. It is a new service. We were told the cost would actually be $320 since we have Cablevision.

Yes I think you need to have cable vision.

That seems to be my problem. Here cable vision is included in monthly expensas, and not on our name. I must contact our administracion to see if we can arrange something. I certainly don't want to pay 700$ per month.

I broke down and ordered Evolution last Thursday after getting annoyed at the "your video is buffering" message on YouTube (try explaining to a 14 month old why Sesame Street is stopping in the middle).

Anyhow, they came and installed it this morning, and I have to say, it is great so far!

20111129-d3d97i8xcaukkdwrcdjef5uauq.jpg

Awesome.... what speeds do you get if you test against a server in California?

Sleuth said:
I broke down and ordered Evolution last Thursday after getting annoyed at the "your video is buffering" message on YouTube (try explaining to a 14 month old why Sesame Street is stopping in the middle).

Anyhow, they came and installed it this morning, and I have to say, it is great so far!

20111129-d3d97i8xcaukkdwrcdjef5uauq.jpg

What's your router setup? Are you using a 802.11n router? I'm asking because I have 6 Mbps and I was thinking of upgrading to 30 but my router is a bit old and my computers/devices aren't 802.11n compatible so that means I'm gonna get slower downloads, did Fibertel install a new wifi router? If so, what make/model?

Back