Anyone have Fibertel Wideband?

Thanks. I think that's the issue with these high speed offerings here. They are full speed nationally, but when you hit the international pipe the speed goes down significantly. I'd be curious to see how your speed varies with international servers over time. I have been unable to get anything close to the 6mbps we have with servers outside AR.

Funny, I was looking for this post.
Just got my factura in the mail. I was amazed!
They actually adjusted the price DOWN automatically! I didnt even call and not only it's now 300 or 350 they gave me 400 pesos credit for last month as I overpaid!
I can't believe it!
So now I have about 150 pesos bill for the 30 megas, HD cable and all the packs, instead of 550 or so.

Just wondering, do you actually need to be cable vision client to get this price? Our cable vision is included in expenses so not in our name. Just wondering.

FWIW, when I ordered I was told over the phone that for the 6 MB plan there's a November promotion offering $99 a month for 12 (not 6) months.

And yes, I'm told that a phone call to cancel is an almost automatic extension of the promotional price. It's like AOL in the good old days.

2GuysInPM said:
Thanks. I think that's the issue with these high speed offerings here. They are full speed nationally, but when you hit the international pipe the speed goes down significantly. I'd be curious to see how your speed varies with international servers over time. I have been unable to get anything close to the 6mbps we have with servers outside AR.

I was just told that one benefit to the new DOCSIS connection was that each device gets its own connection. That means that downloading on one computer will not affect the throughput on the other devices. I'm going to test this tomorrow as I always have to stop my BitTorrent downloads in order to get decent call quality on my Vonage line. This is a great feature...

katti said:
Just wondering, do you actually need to be cable vision client to get this price? Our cable vision is included in expenses so not in our name. Just wondering.

We have basic cable included in our expenses, but digital, HBO and Internet are extras. They are in someone else's name, but we get the bill and were added to the account. We just added Internet on to this and got the discounted rate.

Just a quick update on my Fibertel Evolution service... it's been great!

While I think their 6 Mbps offering is pretty good for most users and considerably cheaper, I frequently had problems with torrent downloads affecting the speed and quality of other connections (especially Vonage). With the new Fibertel Evolution, I'm able to have the iPad streaming, torrents downloading, work on my laptop and make Vonage calls with no issues. Each device seems to be separated from the others and it works really well.

One problem I have is that you are locked out from the modem admin, so for example, PPTP connections no longer work and there is no way for me to fix that. It's a minor problem for me, but one I have not yet got around to addressing.

Have it too now, I can finally listen to internet radio without it constantly buffering, and watch youtube films in one time...
It finally feels like I'm in the first world again :D

We have Fibertel 6m ($100 pesos/month for the first six months) and I regularly pull 16mb/s on the speed test, and 2mb/s download when I test on a North America server.

I've tried to research this however it seems an unwritten rule that images are used instead of text on core Argentian websites which makes Google translate useless.

How much is the Evolution connection per month and what channels do you get with it?

Sorry for the newb question - I have tried to figure it out but to no avail.

Back