Anyone regret moving to b a

Nope

But thats not to say its not tough, and you need work fairly hard to make the experience enjoyable.

What if you dont have to work hard,if u have a steady income.....from investments,iv holidayed in argentina ,brazil for years ,but no longer than a couple of months at ,still want to make the move,but i need to find something to keep my mind busy,u know wat i mean!food ,woman ,footballl...paradise

I'm sure that there are plenty who regret and/or regretted moving to BA, and then they left. I'm not sure that I would do it again if I could have that opportunity in retrospect. At the very least there are things that I'd likely do differently if given the chance, but one must always take the good with the bad and not spend a lot of time in life looking back. Spilt milk and all.

I also echo what JP said. Most people I know have a love/hate relationship with this place, myself definitely included.

ETA: you replied in the time that I was writing mine. I don't understand what it is that you're asking of people here. Clearly you want to come, so just do it! Nobody's experience is going to be yours, and you'll never know if it's the right one if you don't do it.

Well said mizzmar.....its a strange place sometimes....suppose u can never forget ur roots

Im thinking few months in the summer b a....winter brazil ,buzios..

dk2 said:
What if you dont have to work hard,if u have a steady income.....from investments,

If you have a fixed income from foreign investments - your purchasing power will steadily sink as inflation rises. Inflation currently runs at 20-30% a year.

Not such a big deal if you're only going to be here to mooch around for a few months, but longer term you have to work hard (and smart) to maintain your quality of life.

Not so sure I agree with JP, the peso will certainly be devalued, the balloon can not continue for long.

However, I do agree that unless you're young and expect a very simple life, it takes considerable money to live well in Baires and will most probably continue to. Even a few years ago the city was so much cheaper than most places in Europe, the US and Australia that people with modest foreign currency incomes from these places could live pretty well.

That abruptly started to end 3 years ago, got much tougher 2 years ago, and just plain ended this year.

With a middle class foreign currency income you can now live in a just OK apartment, eat out a few times a week at just OK restaurants, join a low end gym....you get the picture. This, of course, is just my opinion.

jb5 said:
Not so sure I agree with JP, the peso will certainly be devalued, the balloon can not continue for long.

However, I do agree that unless you're young and expect a very simple life, it takes considerable money to live well in Baires and will most probably continue to. Even a few years ago the city was so much cheaper than most places in Europe, the US and Australia that people with modest foreign currency incomes from these places could live pretty well.

That abruptly started to end 3 years ago, got much tougher 2 years ago, and just plain ended this year.

With a middle class foreign currency income you can now live in a just OK apartment, eat out a few times a week at just OK restaurants, join a low end gym....you get the picture. This, of course, is just my opinion.

I plan on doing that on 16,000 USD/year (shared apartment) And before you lecture me on how that isn't possible, I've done my research for months, and it is. That salary is a far cry for a middle class foreign currency income in many countries. People are way too negative on here.

Xeneizes, I dont mean to rain on your parade, but you don't even live here yet! Online research and talking to people is a far cry from actually walking the walk for a year. Your salary won't be a "middle class" income in Argentina, either.

I've participated in the threads where you've asked for advice, so am familiar with your story. Shared housing and bare bones living aren't what most people are prepared to do, or what they would consider a "good" quality of life. I'm not saying you can't do what you're proposing (fresh out of school and in your early 20s I encourage you to come), but think that you should wait until you get some actual experience living here before trying to advise others about what is or isn't possible.

Back