Argentine citizenship for foreigners?

Status
Not open for further replies.
steveinbsas said:
And you would rather spew out insults (most of which have already been) deleted from this thread)?
Sorry to hear you are so sensitive Steve-O !! I am very surprised!

gunt86 said:
Given that you would rather spew out falsehoods, than do some research, it is clear that it is in fact you who has an issue with reading.

Ok, Sorry, You're an idiot.

I've been told that it is more diplomatic to say "it seems we have come to a cross roads & have diverging opinions. thus, it is not longer useful to continue this discussion."

gunt86 said:
Sorry to hear you are so sensitive Steve-O !! I am very surprised!

If you had used personally identifiable information about me in your posts last night I would be suing you this week. If you really are a lawyer I am surprised you would spew such personal and insulting falsehoods about anyone.

Apparently you know what you can get away with here...at least until your posts are deleted.

mini said:
I've been told that it is more diplomatic to say "it seems we have come to a cross roads & have diverging opinions. thus, it is not longer useful to continue this discussion."
Indeed. As i have been suggesting from the start. Please feel free to rejoin the discussion after you have finished your research into the case law on this topic. Always pleasant. Perhaps you and Steve can form a study group.

steveinbsas said:
If you had used personally identifiable information about me in your posts last night I would be suing you this week. If you really are a lawyer I am surprised you would spew such personal and insulting falsehoods about anyone.
Perhaps you learned a little lesson yesterday?...keep it civil on the forum...I can help you with a remedial lesson if you need it.

gunt86 said:
Indeed. As i have been suggesting from the start. Please feel free to rejoin the discussion after you have finished your research into the case law on this topic. Always pleasant. Perhaps you and Steve can form a study group.

I thought you were through with the topic last night (post #7):

gunt86 said:
I have provided for you what i know about the subject based upon numerous conversation with immigration lawyers in Argentina. None of what i have stated is based on hearsay or wild speculation on my part. I am done with providing information on this topic to this forum.

gunt86 said:
Perhaps you learned a little lesson yesterday?...keep it civil on the forum...I can help you with a remedial lesson if you need it.

Don't you remember what you wrote about me?

I saved it all, just in case...

gunt86 said:
Incorrect. This "go through the steps of renouncing your US citizenship" is not the only way to demonstrate intent. There are many other ways to show intent, when in fact you might not even have realized that you were giving such evidence! I will give you one little example of intent - joining a foreign military. But there are many many more and far more subtle ways the US gvmt can trip you up on the question of intent.

That's absolute nonsense - you should think twice before posting ill-informed opinions and hearsay as facts. Misinformation on this subject could do a great deal of harm.

As I said, I went all the way up the chain at the State Department to get an answer to that question. Talked to several officials and was put through to the head of the department dealing with such issues. I requested, and got, a letter confirming that the only way to lose citizenship is to formally renounce it in a written statement sworn before the proper authorities.

With all due respect, personally, if I were considering citizenship, the only person whose advice I would be taking would be an Argentine lawyer, and someone who specializes in obtaining citizenship. Lawyers or whomever posting on an expat website, not so much.

And to Laurel - I personally know tons of people who have dual citizenship (US/etc). So it certainly can be done.

gunt86 said:

You really are very presumptuous and rude. I HAVE researched this and it seems I'm actually better at it.

From what I understand, you are not a US citizen by birth so it's understandable that you have a different perspective. But that doesn't make you correct.

As I said before, I know you are pissed off with Steve but don't drag me into you little fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back