Argentine Movie Recommendations

I am watching Yo Presidente, a kind of documentary about presidents since Alfonson. Interesting.

"Aballay: el hombre sin miedo" is a very good movie. Might not be available yet, but should be soon.

Tiempo Final (series) was also very good, was broadcasted weekly. The only source I know is youtube. Here is a great episode to start ( 45 min aprox total)
www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_hB63c7vAw Parte 1
3 guys entering in a empty house where an old lady died a while ago, they have a game in mind and then...

Made in Argentina (1987). Talks about a family that runs to the States during the military dictatorship and come back after a lot of time. Very well produced and very interesting from an expats point of view.

EdRooney said:
Just because no one mentioned it as of yet, "La Historia Oficial" so far the only latin american flick to have busted into the oscars. Good for history, a slice of ARG culture, and a look at the then budding career of the Grande Dame of argie cine, Norma Leandro.

Not anymore. El secreto de sus ojos 2009 won. Very good movie.

Another Darin movie (I do love him!!) is Un Cuento Chino. Anyone seen it yet?
I have it at home but haven't watched it yet.

No one mentioned Apartment Zero. (Probably because it's not very good). But it's interesting as it stars a very young Colin Firth.

Gadget said:
"Aballay: el hombre sin miedo" is a very good movie. Might not be available yet, but should be soon.

I didn't really like Aballay when I saw it in the theaters. It was all right I guess but predictable and a bit slow with not that much production value.

Back