ATM Limits and Best Banks. LOST

Unlike most banks that will refund ATM fees, Ally bank refunds all ATM fees without a limit to the number of monthly transactions. I believe Schwab and almost all others have a 6 transaction (or $10) monthly-unless you have a very high amount of money invested with them, perhaps. I have used Ally for a few years and when in BA have had about 20 ATM transactions in a 3 week period--all the ATM fees for all the transactions were refunded.

When I am living in BA I intend to have multiple Ally accounts to permit a larger daily limit and ALL separate accounts will have fee ATM usage.

Suerte
Bruce

Brucemj said:
Unlike most banks that will refund ATM fees, Ally bank refunds all ATM fees without a limit to the number of monthly transactions.

Since June 18th Ally Bank no longer reimburses international ATM fees. When they say "no ATM fees nationwide" they mean it literally.

Brucemj said:
I believe Schwab and almost all others have a 6 transaction (or $10) monthly-unless you have a very high amount of money invested with them, perhaps.

I've never seen or heard anything about a limit on ATM transaction refunds with Schwab, even when I had only a couple hundred dollars in the account.

Loooove Schwab. We always talk about them being great because they refund international ATM fees, but honestly I love them for lots of other reasons. I usually have some request a couple times a year and the customer service is always so fast, so kind, and so not outsourced. Love.

[FONT=&quot]As of this date I am paying 16.50 pesos for every ATM withdrawal. I have a PayPal debit card account and a BBT checking account. I also noticed the other day I could only withdraw 1,000 pesos from the ATM but my daily limit with my bank is 400 USD. I know this varies day by day and machine by machine but anyway. I also noticed that on top of the fees the exchange rate is not good. The rate now is 4.10 peso to USD and I lost about 16 pesos in the exchange rate. That makes around 32 pesos to do that transaction plus my own banking fee's which are as follows. BTW, I thought taking out 1,600 might save me a bit of money on international purchase fees by using the cash instead of the card but it seems like one way or another they get you. For that transaction I used PayPal so in total it case 4 pesos ATM fee from my bank, 32 pesos ATM fee from Argentine and loss in exchange rate for a total of 36.50 to 37 pesos just to get 1k in pesos out. I would have been cheaper to use the card and not get cash after all but I needed cash. Because I could not get more than 1k out I will have to pay that all over again to get more. I can get an Argentine bank account without any problem but then there are fee’s if your clients are in the US and your pay comes from the US. Those are rather expensive so I don’t think having my payments sent here would end up saving any money at all. I think the only thing I can do is find a bank with less fees for foreign usage.

PayPal- foreign purchase fees .01% purchases, 1.00 ATM, receive money 5.00. Debit card Daily spending limit: USD $3,000.00 | Daily ATM limit: USD $400.00

BBT-
[/FONT][FONT=&quot].03% foreign purchases, ATM 5.00, wire transfer USA to USA 15.00 incoming. Debit card withdraw limit from ATM, USD $500. Checking account maintenance fee, $10 per month. Daily check card purchase limit, USD $3,000[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I would be interested in opening up a bank account online that refunds foreign ATM fees and has no foreign purchase fees. These posts are rather old, are these banks mentioned still offering these services?[/FONT]

Back