Baexpats Book Club Next Meeting ! Wednesday Jan.29, 7:00Pm

Suggest The Leopard ... an all time classic.

The upheavals of the Society in 1860 Sicily, was responsible for the chaos that ensued and prompted the massive Italian immigration to Argentina. ,,,,, Italians immigrants changed the structure of Argentina until today.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0057091/

MV5BMTg0ODY5MTI2OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjUwNTY0NA@@._V1_SY317_CR7,0,214,317_.jpg

I'm hoping for a book that does not put me into a miserable place, possibly a more happy sunny place than North korea. Not exactly easy beach reading, but here I am. See you at the next meeting.
Nancy

Adding more data on the book by Lampedusa "Il Gatopardo-"

The Leopard (Italian: Il Gattopardo) is a novel by Giuseppe Tomasi di Lampedusa that chronicles the changes in Sicilian life and society during theRisorgimento. Published posthumously in 1958 by Feltrinelli, after two rejections by the leading Italian publishing houses Mondadori and Einaudi, it became the top-selling novel in Italian history and is considered one of the most important novels in modern Italian literature. In 2012, The Observernamed it as one of "The 10 best historical novels".[sup][1][/sup]

The novel was also made into an award-winning 1963 film of the same name, directed by Luchino Visconti and starring Burt Lancaster, Claudia Cardinaleand Alain Delon.

300px-The_Leopard_Signet_1960s.jpg

Would love to join! I am a new member (and recently expat -from Italy). Not sure how to get there (and where) though....thanks!! anna

Hi Ana, and welcome! I just sent you a PM with the address and details. See you soon!

Hi to all
As I said I will be there a bit jet lagged as I will have just arrived from Prague the day before
and as I have been to North Koream I am looking t share my experiences with you all
Still havent opened the book but will do so soon
See you then
Esteban

For all of you submerged in the dim living conditions in North Korea a breath of fresh air an interview with the deceased dictator's grandson Kim-Han-sol, currently studying in France ...!! Interview in English Starts in video minute 1:40 , with a Swedish lady formerly Sweden's Minister of Defense...!

Welcome BsAsfan, we'd love to have you! I am sending you a PM with our exact address. We do NOT need more wine but could definately use another main or side dish, salad, or desert. Name your pleasure!
I'd like to join the next book club meeting. What else is needed? More wine? something else?
ly

Back