Beers In Ba

I don't know if its just me, but there seems to be a severe lack if beer variety in BA.

Getting a Stella / Heineken / Quilmes via 1 Ltr bottles in bars proves to be totally yawn-worthy after a few months.

I understand that there are some standout bars that serve their own product via tap (ie Antares) but what is going on with the absolute lack of beer in BA!?

I understand that there are import restrictions, but there are heaps of great microbreweries in the south of Argentina that I simply cannot find here in BA. Why aren't these good argy beers in BA - which is a potentially enormous market.

This must be a business / enterprise opportunity or do Quilmes have some sort of mafioso stranglehold on the market here?

Does anyone know where I can get a decent draught beer in a bar or buy some microbrewed stuff (ie Lacar, Antares, Bauhaus) in supermarkets for asados etc?

Cheers

I'm not much of a beer drinker, but http://www.heladosja.../sucursales.php in Palermo carries beers from El Bolsón (bottled only).

Sorry, I didn't notice that someone else made a similar comment up above. From my photo library, I find Araucana Rubia and a couple darker varieties whose labels I can't quite read.

My favourite (what most of my fellow sommeliers prefer too) is the Gambrinus Pale Ale, Lager and Stout, served at the Gibraltar, Shanghai Dragon and Bangalore. Very decent beers. Only draught though, not available in bottles to take out.

My favourite (what most of my fellow sommeliers prefer too) is the Gambrinus Pale Ale, Lager and Stout, served at the Gibraltar, Shanghai Dragon and Bangalore. Very decent beers. Only draught though, not available in bottles to take out.

I like their Kölsch.

You can buy Schofferhoffer in Coto I see.
I also saw the other day that Walmart had Antares and Hoegarten which is something different.
Nothing as extravagant as 6 packs or cases though

Early one morning I was amazed to find that Market (formerly Carrefour) in Hurlingham was selling my favourite beer Leffe blonde. Imported all the way from Belgium. I immediately filled up my trolley only to be told that I couldn't buy alcohol until 10am!

If you want to try mass produced "artesenal" beer, try all three flavors of Patagonia.

Don't buy Euro until you've tried everything from this part of the world.

Doe anyone know if there is a production problem at Otro Mundo? For the last month or so I have not been able to find it in the places where i normally bought it

The Buenos Aires Market (http://www.buenosairesmarket.com/) this weekend and had some great beer by a smaller brewer called "Larsen." They had 4 types: Porter, Scottish Ale, Pale Ale, and Vostok. Not sure when/where the next market will be, but if you go, it's worth checking out this beer.

Oh, and if you go to Antares in Palermo, Nadia the bartender is an expert on beer, and her English is great!

Went to what looked like a brand new bar in Palermo on Honduras called gallaghers. Irish pub - it was a ghost town - no one in there - they had 5 taps!!!! Zeppelin beer
Tried the wheat and the pale ale. Both were unreal especially the pale ale
Happy hour until 10 also
Hope it gets a few punters in

Back