Best Internet Service Provider in CABA?

I use Personal Flow 300 Mega Download speed, Upload speed only a fraction, speed is OK when directly connected to the Modem, otherwise , via WIFI who Knows.
Major problem is interruption of service . Once it was over 24 hours . The Personal techs in the building claim disruptions are because they are installing a Fiber Optics System. ??

The speed measured varies during the day
Download is 53.44 Mbps ?
Upload 31.39 Mbps ?
Conversion? Mbps a Mega?

The Conversion rate is x 8 , that is 53,44 Mbps x 8 ? = 427.52 Mega ps ??? is this ok?

Hard to say, but often when I wake up the system is off means it was interrupted during the night?

Yes, this would happen to me as well. It was so annoying. Fortunately the cell signal was pretty dang good. I have TMobile in the USA which has free data abroad and the speeds were good enough to get by.

But I'd constantly "Hey Google" my Google Mini to see if it was offline. To Personal's credit they said by day X it would be fixed and it was. But it was 3 days of really spotty service but I heard from my property manager that isn't the norm.

I use Personal Flow 300 Mega Download speed, Upload speed only a fraction, speed is OK when directly connected to the Modem, otherwise , via WIFI who Knows.
Major problem is interruption of service . Once it was over 24 hours . The Personal techs in the building claim disruptions are because they are installing a Fiber Optics System. ??

The speed measured varies during the day
Download is 53.44 Mbps ?
Upload 31.39 Mbps ?
Conversion? Mbps a Mega?

The server against which you are measuring your speed needs to be located in Argentina, and you need to use a wired connection, otherwise you are measuring the speed of your wi-fi adapter.

I have a 300 Mbps internet-only plan with Personal/Fibertel in a downtown location. My download speed is 310 Mbps and the upload speed is 29 Mpbs.

As to installing a Fiber Optics system as an excuse, I believe, even cabling is supposed to be different. I still have TV cable and an old cable modem.

Last edited:
In my unit in Caballito I have internet-only service with Personal 500MB (currently $6,000 pesos per month) which is the fastest available speed in the immediate 5-block radius. My external cable is located on the roof of my PH. It is an exclusive line to the main box on the street in front of my building. The actual download speed (just clocked at 98Mbps) which is usually the slowest between 4:00-6:00pm and rate the 24/7 reliability of the service as a 9+ .

The server against which you are measuring your speed needs to be located in Argentina, and you need to use a wired connection, otherwise you are measuring the speed of your wi-fi adapter.

I have a 300 Mbps internet-only plan with Personal/Fibertel in a downtown location. My download speed is 310 Mbps and the upload speed is 29 Mpbs.

As to installing a Fiber Optics system as an excuse, I believe, even cabling is supposed to be different. I still have TV cable and an old cable modem.

I measure the speed against a local Personal server and with a wired connection to the Server.

The Personal plan I have is 300 Mega (bytes pers sec) as listed on the Invoice . It does NOT read 300 Mbps (Megabits per second) which is a Different thing?

Please confirm your speed using the link below.

How Many Megabytes per second in a Megabit per second?
1 Megabyte/sec is equal to 8 × Megabit/sec.

My speed now

PING​

ms

FLUCTUACIÓN​

ms

DESCARGAR​

Mbps

SUBIR​

Mbps

I think they just use "Mega" as a commercial name for Mbps. They are not trying to be scientific.
Maybe but how come? My download speed measured right now is 61.7 Mbps when my plan is 300 Mega.
Quite a Difference in speed ? Is this a fraud ..? never had 300 Mbps? We Should ASSUME they USE Mega for Commercial purposes,

PD.Many reps In Personal i spoke with can't quite understand the Difference ....

Fibertel seems to cut out for me here in San Telmo so often that I tend to use mobile data for work calls to avoid awkwardly cut offs. In fact, it’s been out for the last hour, maybe the heat is to blame this time?

I measure the speed against a local Personal server and with a wired connection to the Server.

The Personal plan I have is 300 Mega (bytes pers sec) as listed on the Invoice . It does NOT read 300 Mbps (Megabits per second) which is a Different thing?

Please confirm your speed using the link below.

How Many Megabytes per second in a Megabit per second?
1 Megabyte/sec is equal to 8 × Megabit/sec.

My speed now

PING​

ms

FLUCTUACIÓN​

ms

DESCARGAR​

Mbps

SUBIR​

Mbps
Rich One,

Plans and speed tests are all measured in bits per second.

If you're running the test with a wired connection to your modem and getting less than 300Mbps, the network card in your PC is probably old. If you want the full speed that you're paying for you should upgrade your network card.

I have Movistar fibra optica service here in San Telmo, 300 Mbps up and down. I have my PC wired to the modem. I ran the test that you linked to and my results were 300 up, and 300 down.

Fibertel seems to cut out for me here in San Telmo so often that I tend to use mobile data for work calls to avoid awkwardly cut offs. In fact, it’s been out for the last hour, maybe the heat is to blame this time?
I've been using Movistar fibra optica since November (they finally installed it in our building). Up to now, I've never had any problems or outages, and it always runs at full speed (and up speed is the same as down speed, it that is something that is important to you). It's available in most of this area.

Back