Best Internet Service Provider in CABA?

Lex

Registered
We are looking to change ISPs from Telecentro. I know there are a lot of variables to consider, but any recommendations as to the "best" based on people's experiences? Thanks!

Guess Down/Up loading speed is one of the main concerns for digital nomads , BUT also worth considering is the time of no service.. ! means no Internet..! Sometimes at night , silent, or daytime..!
For me interruption of service at night is irrelevant but for those working with different time zones..?

Palermo. It looks like there are only about half a dozen options anyway.

I own apartments in Recoleta and Palermo and I have what was originally Fibertel/Cablevision. I think Personal has since acquired them a few years ago. I haven't seen my bill in a few years since pre-covid as a property manager pays my bills. But the service is typically dependable although I was recently there when service went out for 2 days and it was painful.

fibertel always worked great for me in puerto madero. i always was interested in iPlan fiber but it didn't reach my area

Yes, at one time I owned many apartments in Buenos Aires and I always used Fibertel and it was by far the most dependable option. I just asked my property manager and I have 300 MB speed which is the fastest plan available in my area and it's 23,000 pesos per month. On the pricey side but I always need fast internet for corporate rental guests.

I'm sure all of these companies are glitchy at one time or another but so far not too many complaints so I'd recommend that option.

I use Personal Flow 300 Mega Download speed, Upload speed only a fraction, speed is OK when directly connected to the Modem, otherwise , via WIFI who Knows.
Major problem is interruption of service . Once it was over 24 hours . The Personal techs in the building claim disruptions are because they are installing a Fiber Optics System. ??

The speed measured varies during the day
Download is 53.44 Mbps ?
Upload 31.39 Mbps ?
Conversion? Mbps a Mega?

Last edited:
I use Personal Flow 300 Mega Download speed, Upload speed only a fraction, speed is OK when directly connected to the Modem, otherwise , via WIFI who Knows.
Major problem is interruption of service . Once it was over 24 hours . The Personal techs in the building claim disruptions are because they are installing a Fiber Optics System. ??

Yes, I think that's what mine is now that Personal owns Fibertel. I have that plan. My download speeds are quite good even with wi-fi but never 300 MB but never any problems streaming or anything.

I totally agree with you that Rich One about the interruption of service. I was just in my apartment a few weeks ago and it was 3 days with spotty on again and off again service. It was horribly frustrating. And when that happens there isn't much you can do as it's happening in an entire service area.

Does your interruption happen often? I didn't know how common that was?

Yes, I think that's what mine is now that Personal owns Fibertel. I have that plan. My download speeds are quite good even with wi-fi but never 300 MB but never any problems streaming or anything.

I totally agree with you that Rich One about the interruption of service. I was just in my apartment a few weeks ago and it was 3 days with spotty on again and off again service. It was horribly frustrating. And when that happens there isn't much you can do as it's happening in an entire service area.

Does your interruption happen often? I didn't know how common that was?

Hard to say, but often when I wake up the system is off means it was interrupted during the night?

Back