Best Internet Service Provider in CABA?

Thanks all for your responses. As always, some spirited debate. Just a note on prices. I'm told by my mother-in-law that you need to be on top of these companies as they will overcharge you unless you call them regularly and ask for discounts and upgrades (and threaten to leave if required). Pirates, as she refers to them! They all have deals to lure new customers, but don't extend them to existing customers. In fact, you should probably change providers every 12 months (at the end of most contracts) to take advantage of the current deals. In our case, we've been with Telecentro for a few years and they are charging us just over 4000/month for a 150Mbps plan. New customers pay 2299/month for the same plan.

@earlyretirement you may want to get your property manager to call your ISP to renegotiate. 23,000 pesos/month seems like highway robbery, unless that's for several apts and includes TV, etc? Personal (ex Fibertel) is charging 3590/month for a 12 month plan without your mobile with them (less if you have mobile with them). This is more or less what Claro, Movistar and iPlan all charge for a new 300Mbps 12 month plan.

So I just checked my invoice for last month and I have the Personal Flow. The Digital Cable with 2 digital connections for 2 different rooms is 4,645 pesos per month. I have the 500 MB internet service and they charge 11,540 pesos for that.

I did call and threaten to cancel and they said they will lower it to 6,000 pesos per month for the internet for the next year. So thanks for the advice/reminder to call in and get it lowered.

Reactions: Lex
I managed to get a call to Fibertel, they say they know about it and that it’s an issue for everybody in the area. It worked briefly at 6:30am this morning for 5 minutes and then hasn’t worked ever since. Over 3 days without proper Wifi now
We had intermittent fibertel problems for weeks, a new router (diff brand) solved it...they tech's allways brought the same Technicolor router, now we have a Kaon, which works flawlessly!

We had intermittent fibertel problems for weeks, a new router (diff brand) solved it...they tech's allways brought the same Technicolor router, now we have a Kaon, which works flawlessly!
Is it easy to ask them to provide a new router? Should I mention the Kaon one? I managed to get an hour or two of wifi for Netflix yesterday evening and this afternoon but that’s been all still

Is it easy to ask them to provide a new router? Should I mention the Kaon one? I managed to get an hour or two of wifi for Netflix yesterday evening and this afternoon but that’s been all still
Check your DM

Tried to open an account for a new apartment I'm going to rent. 12-month service term (promotional price). Was working with a agent via text chat on the Personal website. When it came time to pay, I said it would be a credit card, and an American one at that. They said that wouldn't work and it had to be either an Argentine credit card or Argentine bank account.
Check the details of the agreement. I think to qualify for the discount, you must establish a link to your account for automatic payments. This is why they insist on a local account. Of course, this does not apply if you are willing to pay the full price.

Tried to open an account for a new apartment I'm going to rent. 12-month service term (promotional price). Was working with a agent via text chat on the Personal website. When it came time to pay, I said it would be a credit card, and an American one at that. They said that wouldn't work and it had to be either an Argentine credit card or Argentine bank account. I haven't been to a Personal store or customer service office and I haven't spoken to anyone on the phone.
I have internet-only service with Telecom/Personal,,,,500MB. In January I spoke with an agent on the phone to renegotiate the cost of the plan. He lowered the fee to $6,000/month for the next 12 months. I was not required to pay with an ARG credit card or thru a bank transfer. I have always paid my bill in cash at PagoFacil.

Recovered my Personal/Flow Internet Service only at 12.00 pm , was without service from 8 pm yesterday. No Cable/TV though. In Recoleta. Can't make transfers, payments due dates , deliver work etc. The problem is in the area.. and the entire building...

Recovered my Personal/Flow Internet Service only at 12.00 pm , was without service from 8 pm yesterday. No Cable/TV though. In Recoleta. Can't make transfers, payments due dates , deliver work etc. The problem is in the area.. and the entire building...
Rich One, why don't you use your cellphone as a hotspot for things that aren't too data intensive while your regular internet service is out?

Before I got my current service, I used to lose my connection frequently for short periods of time, and if I needed internet in those times, I'd just set up my phone as a hotspot and it worked great.

I understand that you want your service working correctly, but this is a good workaround when it's not.

Now all back .. for how long? fearing every sec. Flow Service not adequate for digital nomads..?

Rich One, why don't you use your cellphone as a hotspot for things that aren't too data intensive while your regular internet service is out?

Before I got my current service, I used to lose my connection frequently for short periods of time, and if I needed internet in those times, I'd just set up my phone as a hotspot and it worked great.

I understand that you want your service working correctly, but this is a good workaround when it's not.
Thanks will try your recommendation cell phone as hotspot, Fortunately I have Movistar cell phone . If I had personal ??

Back