Best pizza ever ba

BAlady

Registered
best pizza ever in buenos aires! traditional thin crust, stone oven cooked italian pizzas to perfection. waiters are bilingual and very helpful! the name is Siamo nel Forno 5886
Costa Rica cross street is Ravingnani IN pALERMO. check it out ;)

Yes, I agree with you. I was there on January 2011 and posted it here. I ate the authentic romanian pizza, a little bit of tasty tomato salsa, another little bit of ricotta cheese, and a beaoutiful prosciutto. Just perfect!!

The place opened few months ago, the decoration is warm, professional photographs of the owner with his children. The owner walked around the tables asking if everything was fine. There are some tables availables on the sidewalk.

I went with an argentinian friend, who didnt like it very much. She missed the greasy, cheesy argentinian pizza.

If it has only "a bit" of cheese is not argentinean pizza, so is not really pizza (in our eyes). So it is only another overpriced thin-crust bread that has nothing to do with our country. Next time put: "The best non-argentinean pizza I found in BA".

i am looking forward to "The best non-argentinean pizza I found in BA".

will go! thx for the tip!

Ooof--I thought it was disgusting and I love gourmet thin crust pizzas! The waiter was very nice though.

Argentines have about as much comprehension of pizza as they do of government finance or equitable treatment of retirees. The jingoism of locals who contribute to this board underscores the reputation Argentines have throughout SA as arrogant.

tomedison said:
Argentines have about as much comprehension of pizza as they do of government finance or equitable treatment of retirees. The jingoism of locals who contribute to this board underscores the reputation Argentines have throughout SA as arrogant.

i do not see the arrogance in Marksoc´s post, and I almost never agree with him on anything. Thin crust Italian style pizza has nothing to do with Argentine pizza, and that is a fact and proof of that is all over the city! Your generalization on Argentine and their knowledge or lack thereof does come out as arrogant instead...

as much as i like a thin-crust pizza versus the argentine stuff, i agree with nikad, no reason to go colonial here!

I think the debate is type of pizza, and Argentines do not seem to go for the Neapolitan style (as in Naples) which is thin crust, which is most common in the US. I don't think there is a problem with that.

However, I find even the Argentine style is overly oiled (with crappy Spanish style olive oil and not quality Italian olive oil), over oregano, (which is how cheap places in the US attempt to add flavor to their pizza that is Italian), and under cooked.

I am sure this is a Chicago style v. NYC style debate, but there you have it.

I am looking forward to trying this Argentine restaurant serving the pizza they think is the best.

Back