Best pizza ever ba

BAlady said:
best pizza ever in buenos aires! traditional thin crust, stone oven cooked italian pizzas to perfection. waiters are bilingual and very helpful! the name is Siamo nel Forno 5886
Costa Rica cross street is Ravingnani IN pALERMO. check it out ;)

So is this authentic Italian pizza or just an Argentina version of Italian pizza? To be more specific, is the owner just off the ¨boat¨ and now an expat? I would rather take the time and money, travel to New Haven, CT and eat real traditional pizza there (http://www.pepespizzeria.com/) than take a chance here!

marksoc said:
If it has only "a bit" of cheese is not argentinean pizza, so is not really pizza (in our eyes). So it is only another overpriced thin-crust bread that has nothing to do with our country. Next time put: "The best non-argentinean pizza I found in BA".

nikad said:
i do not see the arrogance in Marksoc´s post, and I almost never agree with him on anything. .

Sorry, Nikad, while marksoc's comment may not seem arrogant to you, it rankles me. It's strikes me as egocentric and therefore quintessentially Argentine. "Our" pizza is the best pizza. Give me a break. Sorry if I am overly sensitve to this kind of attitude, but I see it way too much.

tomedison said:
Sorry, Nikad, while marksoc's comment may not seem arrogant to you, it rankles me. It's strikes me as egocentric and therefore quintessentially Argentine. "Our" pizza is the best pizza. Give me a break. Sorry if I am overly sensitve to this kind of attitude, but I see it way too much.

Give me a break about arrogance. The USA and its people would win the gold medal hundred times over for their arrogance. I do not see that Argentina is the worlds policeman nor do I see the need that their military needs to be in over 120 countries worldwide .

If you do not like our people MR TOMEDISON GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cabrera said:

Give me a break about arrogance. The USA and its people would win the gold medal hundred times over for their arrogance. I do not see that Argentina is the worlds policeman nor do I see the need that their military needs to be in over 120 countries worldwide .

If you do not like our people MR TOMEDISON GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. I agree that the US government has initiated unethical wars as has Argentina on a scale consistent with her capacity for doing so. However, there is a difference between the conduct of a government and a character trait shared by much of the population. I speak of arrogance on the part of the inhabitants individually (particularly Portenos). Do you deny that Argentines have a reputation throughout So America for being arrogant? Incidentally, I like Argentines, but I do think one of the flaws of the typical resident is arrogance. Argentines have other redeeming qualities as does living in Buenos Aires.

2. Thanks for the ultimatum, but I believe I'm entitled to be critical of Argentines and Argentina while still expatting here. Your use of the upper case and exclamation marks demonstrates an irrational anger. It appears you took my observations about Argentine egocentricity, fiscal mismanagement, and social inequities personally. Have I touched a raw nerve or are you just a "love it or leave it" psuedo-patriot?

p.s. Aren't you the one who promised to close her account some time ago?

tomedison said:

I think there are arrogant people all over the world tbh. I think your appreciation is not fair, as he never said it Argentine was the best pizza, he basically commented what traditional Argentine pizza looks like and how thin crust is not the norm...the idea of Argentine arrogance is a big cliche, there are such cliches for every nationality as well. In real life people are varied.

Listen, one of the most successful US pizzas is Dominos or Pizza Hut...both of which suck. yeah sure drunk in college you ate it, but really.

The fact is 95% of the US expats on this board are from a well-off middle class/upper class background and have had the opportunity to sample more "artisenal" fare either in a major City like NYC, or San Fran (or New Haven?) or even in Italy, so they are going to expect better (whether they know what "better" is is the debate...better being a subjective word). So if you had someone who had only had Dominos or Pizza Hut their whole life, Argentine pizza would rock.

But I guess having had pizza in NY, Italy and many cities in between I do not find Argentine pizza to be my favorite. I love pizza in general so I'll eat it (like dominos) but it is not the best. And I think if you gathered a worldwide panel they would tend to agree.

Plus, most Argentines and expats experience pizza as "cheap food" you get just to fill your "gut". Versus how most of the people on this board probably eat pizza, at some cute coal fired oven place, that has been there for years, or is a concept driven by Pizza.

Ex. Yes, Pepe's in New Haven is famous and been there for years. But I promise you that in that time many "slice places" have opened and closed without notice and you can easily get a crappy pie in New Haven and New York.

Additionally, the same way many Argentines would never even know about Pepe's (or New Have for that matter)...there could be an awesome place in Mendoza we all know nothing about...

and about Argentine arrogance unthread related: All I think of is the "joke" my Argentine friend told me they say in Brazil: "How does an Argentine kill himself?....... He climbs on top of his ego and jumps off."

I think its kind of endearing.

RyanCassidy said:
What about best argentine-style pizza? I love Pizza Guerin (Corrientes 1368). Across the street is its rival Los Inmortales, but I pick Guerin every time!
hows banchero pizzeria!?? oh speaking about mendoza pizza there is one called el Rincon del la boca its off the hook!;)

Back