Best Pizza in BA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

i come from naples, the place where pizza was invented (at least the one with tomate and mozzarella) even if many american people think pizza is an US food :cool:

the argentinean pizza got too much "muzzarella", not talking about the muzzarella quality, the quantity it self it's just too much

there are not currently neapolitan pizza in buenos aires, but i keep looking and if i find some i'll keep you posted

told that i think Guerrin (on corientes) deserve a visit, more for the faina and the ambience than for the pizza

the best pizza i had in buenos aires, very similar to the italian one (not the neapolitan) is at "filo" in san martin near cordoba
try it, it's quite good

The latest figures I can find indicate that US sugar consumption, per capita, is about 156lbs a year, or 70.9 KG/year.
While Argentine consumption is around 92lbs / year, or 42 KG/ year.

And if you have ever eaten in a place like Utah, where they put sugar in EVERYTHING, you could probably break 100 KG/ year without much trouble. I think they are compensating for no alcohol.

So while Argentines like sugar in sweet things, they still use only a little over half the amount Americans do. And so far, anyway, they have resisted putting it in places where it doesnt belong.

:Dthe best pizza i had in buenos aires, very similar to the italian one (not the neapolitan) is at "filo" in san martin near cordoba
try it, it's quite good[/QUOTE]

thnx will try that!

I am afraid that nowhere in the world (exept in italy) you can eat the "real" italian pizzas, not even if they are made by "real" italians (1st generation) abroud. They always seem to adapt their recepy to the country they live in... :( We can only look for the one that comes closest...

I have never seen "white" pizzas anywhere else but in Rome, until I went to Duero (Santa fe/ peyredon) - they are white, but not like in Rome...
In Rome my daughter had a pizza Nutella, can you imagine????!!! - Seemed a bit weird and very unitalian to me but she absolutely loved it!!! :D That alone wants her to go back to ROme!!:D

I've always liked Piola, but have recently noticed a decline in the quality of their food. A year ago, my favorite Vegetale pizza was brimming with cheese and roasted veggies, but a couple of weeks ago, it was looking pretty anemic --basically an oily crust with a slice or two of zucchini.

I once tried a place in Palermo called Guimpi that served a pretty good pizza. It wasn't thin-crust (which is what I far prefer), but the sauce was incredible, and the ingredients fresh and flavorful. I also hear they make great empanadas, but didn't try them myself.

Ries said:
Interesting that both of the Papa Johns recipes include that old american standby- Sugar.

A lot of mass market american food, especially in the south, features copious quantities of sugar. That could be one reason that folks hooked on american pizza dont like Argentine pizza- no sugar.

The argentines like dessert just fine, but have not succumbed to the american tradition of putting corn syrup in every food group.

In the USA, you get salad dressing, meat sauces, seafood, vegetable dishes, pastas, and most everything else loaded with sugar.

Its no coincidence that Coca Cola, Dr. Pepper, and Pepsi were all invented in the american south.

I guess that is one reason I am a big fan of Argentine pizza, as opposed to commercial US pizza- I dont like sugar on all my food. And argentines seldom use any sugar on their pizza, even in their tomato sauces.

I don't know about that!! My brother and I just splurged on some Newman's Own Salsa or something like that. It tasted like eating sugary non-spicy tomato dressing! It was absurdly sweet.:eek:

I find some food much more sweeter here than in Canada.

delfo said:
Hi all,
i come from naples, the place where pizza was invented (at least the one with tomate and mozzarella) even if many american people think pizza is an US food

the argentinean pizza got too much "muzzarella", not talking about the muzzarella quality, the quantity it self it's just too much

I like mozzarella, in fact ALL Argentines like their pizza with plenty of mozzarella so at the end is a question of what the people of this country likes, adapt or die.

Maybe in the future they will open special 'Pizzas Parlor' to cater just for foreigners with a BIG sign on the front of the shop to lure foreign and ex-pats in...

"Please enter, authentic Italian style pizza made here with Italian flavor and toppings like you were in Italy."

italianstylepizza1.jpg
pizzastacia001.jpg

On show Italian made pizzas as they are cooked in Italy

Or...

"Please come in and try ours authentic New York style pizza with that distinctive greasy toppings without heaps of mozzarella, with a lovely dough crust thin as paper and that nice rubber-ish feel of a mouse pad or try our Chicago style pizza so you won't forget the typical casserole shepherd pie pizza invented where else but ours beloved Chicago."

chicagopizzafull.jpg
20091031efnypsliceshot.jpg

On show Chicago style pizza (Shepherd pizza pie ?) and...... New York style pizza, as they are cooked in America

What a (j...) pizza....

withersdavis said:
Siamo nel Forno is a new place and it is awesome. It is legit Naples-style pizza, not the pan BS they serve everywhere else. It's Costa Rica 5886 and it is great.

The owner is also super nice.

http://www.guiaoleo.com.ar/detail.php?ID=7500

Couldn't agree with you more... hands down, best place in the city for pizza. I highly recommended it if you are sick of the rubbery puddle of grease cheese bullshit they serve here.

Did Withers REALLY just revive a thread about PIZZA in this town?

I LOVE IT!!!

PS- W, you have my phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back