Best Pizza in BA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lucas said:
On show Chicago style pizza (Shepherd pizza pie ?) and...... New York style pizza, as they are cooked in America

Which part of America, North or South?
Simpleton.

ghost said:
Simpleton.

I see, now we are all learning something and that is good, I didn't want to strain the brains of some individuals like you to much so I went for the generic name of America, but sure its United States of 'North' America to be exact and politically correct, I'm glad to see something get stuck in the cerebrum.

BOO!

Yes, off topic, but I usually steer clear of the dismal argument over the name "America," because, frankly, the fact of the matter isn't going to change and almost nobody cares, but I do have an opinion.

There is only one country on the planet that uses the word "America" as part of its official name -- the obvious one, or course. Go anywhere in the world and say you are from America, and nobody is going to be confused about where you mean. Nobody is going to think you are maybe from Venezuela, Costa Rica, or Argentina, or even Canada.

If the official name of Argentina, for example, was Argentina of America, then some clarification would have already been built into the use of the word. If the official name of Canada was Canada of America ... if the official name of Ecuador was Ecuador of America ... .

There remains only one country that uses the word America as part of its officially recognized name.

So it is disingenuous to suppose anybody in the world is confused about where you mean when you say, I am from America, or I am an American. If an Argentine (or anyone from any other country in this entire hemisphere, is in China, or any other country on the planet, and answers that question with, I am an American, do you suppose anyone will assume he means Argentina?

I wish this odd bit of chauvinism could finally be put to rest.

PS: The continent(s) is not called America because of Columbus, by the way, but because of Amerigo Vespuci, and thankfully it is not the United States of Vespuci.

Thank you for the opportunity to vent off topic.

Yes they robbed the America name for themselves 'ONLY'...thanks very much for the clarification but still muddy for the rest of the Americans whoever they may be.

Lucas said:
Yes they robbed the America name for themselves 'ONLY'...thanks very much for the clarification but still muddy for the rest of the Americans whoever they may be.

What an odd thing to say. Robbed? Isn't it more likely that none of the other dozens of countries located on this continent either cared to name itself "blank of America" or simply never thought of it until the only one using the name officially became so powerful?

But yes, off topic, and moot regardless. Like it or not, America is the word by which everyone on the planet associates with the United States, and anyone is welcome to call themselves an American if they feel better for it, but everybody else is going to think he is from the United States, regardless of where he lives.

The simplest and most direct explanation is usually the best.

Lets see how many 'registered names' apply for this country, shall we?

United States of America (also referred to as the United States, the U.S., the USA, the States, or America) and for the rest of the mortals Americans also know as EEUU as well.

Well that's a hell lot of names for a single country you must admit.

Anyway I'm here just to fight for the good name of the Argentine pizza.

ghost said:
Lucas said:
On show Chicago style pizza (Shepherd pizza pie ?) and...... New York style pizza, as they are cooked in America

Simpleton.

:rolleyes:

Perhaps, with your immense linguistics knowledge, you can create a word, such as "estadounidense" for the English language.

Thanks for coming out.

Since you brought up the obvious (and trivial), you do mention something I've been curious about, since nowhere else in the world have I ever seen these initials used: What does EEUU mean? Estados Estados Unidos Unidos?

Now a pizza question. Is Siamo nel forno open for lunch on weekdays? I am already in the neighborhood and thought I might wander over there when I finish work and try it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back