Best Pizza in BA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eternalnewbie said:
Since you brought up the obvious (and trivial), you do mention something I've been curious about, since nowhere else in the world have I ever seen these initials used: What does EEUU mean? Estados Estados Unidos Unidos?

Well, the repetition of the letter EE and UU means it's plural (is the word correct in english ?)

French jurist said:
Well, the repetition of the letter EE and UU means it's plural (is the word correct in english ?)

?? I don't understand. What part is plural? States? Okay. United? Is the European Union also referred to as EEUU? Was the old Soviet Union called the UUSSSSRR? Is France called RRFF? You sure this isn't some locally made up word, like Estadosunidense? I am curious about where things like this come from?

Eternalnewbie said:
Since you brought up the obvious (and trivial), you do mention something I've been curious about, since nowhere else in the world have I ever seen these initials used: What does EEUU mean? Estados Estados Unidos Unidos?
No problemo....please check here and you'll find out.

When you are studying Spanish, it’s not until you get to the stage where you are reading trying to comprehend articles from a Spanish newspaper that you first encounter the bizarre acronym EEUU. It sounds like something you might exclaim when you catch a whiff of a foul odor. The truth is that: EEUU = USA. Let’s look at why...click on check here, thanks

erocifeller said:
Perhaps, with your immense linguistics knowledge, you can create a word, such as "estadounidense" for the English language.Thanks for coming out.

ufff, btw, do you like pizza?

Here are some you can pursue at your leisure;

Norte Americano, Yank, Yanks, Yankee, Gringo, Apple Pie, Red White & Blue, Yankee Doodle, Yanky Doodle Dandy, Seppo, Gabacho, Guero, Anglo, Ruck, Nordstaatler, Amerikaner, Sentakan, Cabut-Cabutan, a smuci, baltakin, Jankes, Ianque, рывок, yanki, trgnuti , prudko zatiahnuť, privliecť, yanqui, คนอเมริกัน , amerikan, hugga tag, hızla ve birden çekmek, смикати, vignati z roboti, toboque, ankyay, yagank...and so on and so forth.

Good link. It answered my question. I had also wondered why pages is abbreviated pp.

Now -- back to pizza!

Word games with 'America' and the eternal question of the unbearable shiteness of being (in an Argentine pizzeria) combined in the same thread...

...it's a dream come true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back