Blacks in BA ?

Well-written and thoughtful post El Queso, double thanks. One cannot argue with the truth, especially if it is so clearfully set out.

Our province, Mendoza, would COMPLETELY fall apart if it were not for the Bolivians who toil in the vineyards, sweat in the construction sites and wear their hands bare as domestics. I know several Argentine business owners, such as builders and winemakers, who only hire Bolivians for non-professional jobs, as the Argentineans here are allergic to work. Although not a national holiday, at least the governements in the US honour the hispanics, even the illegal ones, who keep the country together there on 5 de mayo. They should do the same in Argentina.

fedecc said:
The above post would make much more sense if argentina had militia groups shooting down ilegal inmigrants as they try to cross the border and the US, well....didn´t.
Goodness, "fedecc", do you really believe that? The militia groups on the American border with Mexico content themselves with alerting the undermanned and thinly stretched Border Patrol to illegal crossers; they have also attempted to make at least one citizen's arrest. They have not used arms against the illegal immigrants, even though some of those are armed.

You'd better stop reading Clarín and reach for La Nación instead!

RWS said:
You'd better stop reading Clarín and reach for La Nación instead!

Hahaha as if there were any difference!! All the media are confabulating to maintain the statu-quo! how many times do I have to say it??

Vikingo said:
Hahaha as if there were any difference!! All the media are confabulating to maintain the statu-quo! how many times do I have to say it??
Sí, ya sé. Bromeaba, V.

Is there anyone from California or from the United States here? I would love to meet up with you! I currently live in the San Telmo area and I'm out here studying spanish and argentine culture.

mostgracious said:
Is there anyone from California or from the United States here? I would love to meet up with you! I currently live in the San Telmo area and I'm out here studying spanish and argentine culture.

I'm from SoCal and live in San Telmo/Montserrat

Vikingo said:
I agree with you. How can it be that the faces of the 2 most genocides of the country (sarmiento and roca) are shown on the 100 and 50 bills.
The history that we have been taught is not the true one.
Try to find someone who knows that 65% of San Martin`s army were blacks. We owe our indepence to them.

It happens also with other national heroes like Castelli, Monteagudo, Moreno... they remain hidden by the authorities.
President Illia never took any cent from the public treasure nor he accepted any "coima" and he has been forgotten and marginalized as well.
This also the fault of the media which serves the interests of the few powerful people who control everything.

Or in the case of Menem, the corrupt 'chanta' par excellence who ended up back in the Senate after his enormous failures as President (let's not forget that he pardoned the main guys of the Dictatorship).

mostgracious said:

I lived in socal (mainly SFV) for 10 years

Back