Blue Dollar - Over

My income is in Euros and dollars, and yes, I spend money on what I need and want, but I don't waste it.

As I wrote: You are more than welcome to send me 300 US dollars, which in Mendoza is more than half a month's rent.

You showed to be crazy or stupid, f...Off.

Go and pay your trip at dollar blue so you save 300 usd but you loose another 4000 usd genious

From my perspective, it would seem that Kicillof was all but forced to bow down to the Paris Club's demands. Remember, the entire region would be going through this if it weren't for credit. Argentina is the only country that really doesn't have access to the credit markets. The government knows that they are not going to be able to withstand the bigger problems happening globally (not to mention domestically) without access to credit, so coming to some sort of agreement with the PC is what the government needs.

I am totally speculating, but I just find it so strange that they'd be implementing these measures given that they so strongly oppose (especially Kicillof!) them, and just a day (or less?) after meeting with the PC. In my opinion, 1) the devaluation,2) ending the cepo and 3) now increased interest rates (to dry up peso liquidity) on short term BCRA bonds all came from Paris.

Good point, u could even reason that they did the devaluation on purpose to have a reason to end the cepo while keeping alive this image that they actually have something to say in the negotiations with the club of paris

You showed to be crazy or stupid, f...Off.

Go and pay your trip at dollar blue so you save 300 usd but you loose another 4000 usd genious
Worthy of doctor Christian Rubilar, the poor dear.

I am totally speculating, but I just find it so strange that they'd be implementing these measures given that they so strongly oppose (especially Kicillof!) them, and just a day (or less?) after meeting with the PC. In my opinion, 1) the devaluation,2) ending the cepo and 3) now increased interest rates (to decrease peso liquidity) on short term BCRA bonds all came from Paris.
Speculating, but you are probably right - they have no choice except to get some kind of payment plan to - hopefully - open up to the international credits market before Argentina runs completely out of reserves. In this connexion, one must remember that some of the 29.xxx billion USD in reserves may be IUOs from the government to the Central Bank and vice versa.

From my perspective, it would seem that Kicillof was all but forced to bow down to the Paris Club's demands. Remember, the entire region would be going through this if it weren't for credit. Argentina is the only country that really doesn't have access to the credit markets. The government knows that they are not going to be able to withstand the bigger problems happening globally (not to mention domestically) without access to credit, so coming to some sort of agreement with the PC is what the government needs.

I am totally speculating, but I just find it so strange that they'd be implementing these measures given that they so strongly oppose (especially Kicillof!) them, and just a day (or less?) after meeting with the PC. In my opinion, 1) the devaluation,2) ending the cepo and 3) now increased interest rates (to dry up peso liquidity) on short term BCRA bonds all came from Paris.

This is not ending the cepo. This is just meant to prevent panic. After the madness on Thursday the official rate could have easily hit 10 on Friday. Doing this will release a lot of steam from the pressure cooker, it might make the difference between the official rate and the blue rate smaller. It will fundamentally change nothing. If the restrictions were to end completely people would go crazy. It would be totally unmanageable.

Diputado K, Heller from Banco Comafi explained that if a person has 100,000 pesos en CD's and wants to convert it into dollars at the Official Rate plus 20 % . It will not be possible! Only possible to buy dollars for a portion of your declared income. :cool:

Is there already anythign clear on the logistics of this? You go the bank? Or go to the AFIP first and they give you some kind of letter with the permission to exchange a certain amount and then you go to the bank? Maybe monday everyone should get a day off for this whole happening..

Back