Book Club Meeting, Wednesday Oct.29, 7:00-10:00

Don't worry! There will be a meeting Wednesday November 26 and another one at the end of January! We will also be able use the extended time to read a longer book..perhaps Ken Folletts newest...
Meanwhile hope you enjoy reading our November selection, the very recognized "All the Light We Cannot See"by Anthony Doerr. And remember to RSVP for the November meeting by posting what dish you'd like to bring for the pot luck here on this link.
And a big thanks to those of you who came for our October meeting. It was wonderful meeting so many newcomers and what great conversations we had! Hope to see you all again in November.

Ceviche, have you ever come to a book club meeting?

Also, anyone who is coming to a meeting, cooking is nice but ignore the naysayers who say a potluck is cooked fresh and special. We love anything you bring or just bring yourself if that's all you can do. If 3 people bring ice cream, in my book thats fine.

Iacoqueta, I hope this is your feeling also. You are in charge. And polite.

Tom

@ Tom-- yes I expressed the same sentiments earlier in the thread (read my posts from a day or two ago). Altho I do draw the line at everyone bringing ice cream....hard to serve, hard to keep, especially in the heat!

@ Tom-- yes I expressed the same sentiments earlier in the thread (read my posts from a day or two ago). Altho I do draw the line at everyone bringing ice cream....hard to serve, hard to keep, especially in the heat!

it takes just an hour to cook something nice.

it takes just an hour to cook something nice.

I concur, to me a pot luck dish to bring to a gathering, must be cooked fresh. Iam not a nay sayer but when throwing a pot luck food
party, liking to the guests to take a bit of time and bring something cooked fresh for every to go around the table and admire the delicious looking fesh cooked foods! And then, preferring a vino bottle instead of take away foods from the Chinos...

I concur, to me a pot luck dish to bring to a gathering, must be cooked fresh. Iam not a nay sayer but when throwing a pot luck food
party, liking to the guests to take a bit of time and bring something cooked fresh for every to go around the table and admire the delicious looking fesh cooked foods! And then, preferring a vino bottle instead of take away foods from the Chinos...

The whole charm of potluck is wasted if half the gentry takes the pain to cook something and the other half just comes and eats it!

Back