Borders remain closed

Ok the decreto is out and guess what the "cuarentena" is 10 days from the PCR sample date. Those that cannot do the PCR at origin must have a doctor's note that they have no symptoms and do the PCR in ARG and do 10 days of cuarentena.

Ok the decreto is out and guess what the "cuarentena" is 10 days from the PCR sample date. Those that cannot do the PCR at origin must have a doctor's note that they have no symptoms and do the PCR in ARG and do 10 days of cuarentena.

Anything special for Argentinians nationals and persons living in CABA, dear DSP27. Please advice? Thank u in advance.

Do I have to do a 2nd PCR test on return in CABA?

Anything special for Argentinians nationals and persons living in CABA, dear DSP27. Please advice? Thank u in advance.

Do I have to do a 2nd PCR test on return in CABA?
You need a PCR done at origin. You will fill in the DDJJ 24hs before your flight and attach the PCR results. You arrive at EZE. If you live in CABA, you line up at the test center to get a saliva test or in some cases randomly selected to be PCR-ed. You go home and you do 10 days cuarentena from the date you PCR sample at origin was taken (so it could be as short as 7 days if taken 72hs before flight). If you did not have the time to do the PCT at origin, you attache a doctor's note stating you have no symptoms of COVID and you do the PCR here (presumably at the airport, but I guess they will allow for other locations too, TBD), and you do 10 days.

Now, will they actually start to enforce the cuarentena and check on you like they used to do between March and August? I don't know but doubt it. Since September they have stopped checking on those that travel and must stay home.

Last edited:
Now, will they actually start to enforce the cuarentena and check on you like they used to do between March and August? I don't know but doubt it. S

I doubt it..ESP during the holiday period.

I doubt it..ESP during the holiday period.
IMHO they will employ the old proven and trusted "portero" and "nosy neighbor" control tactics. They have created a buzz in the media already about this "scary" new strain so everyone is freaking out and snitching galore...

IMHO they will employ the old proven and trusted "portero" and "nosy neighbor" control tactics. They have created a buzz in the media already about this "scary" new strain so everyone is freaking out and snitching galore...
Indeed. you got it 100% correct - Portero + nosy neighbor.

Can your friend give us the link?
Ok so apparently, he did not pay before nor at the airport. They told him he can pay later once in Argentina. Migraciones did not ask for the PCR test either. But maybe after the 25th they will be more strict who knows.

Will it be ok if the doctors note is in English?

Will it be ok if the doctors note is in English?
But you got a PCR already didn’t you?
Yes it will be ok in English because we re in Argentina and no one is going check nada.

Back