Brexit Wtf!

The UK has just taking a huge step on its way to becoming 1930's Germany. Or Peronist Argentina... Bolt the doors, Blame the foreigners (the 'un' british), blame the elite .... More than half of the country have been duped by the few (the other elite). Globalisation is happening whether through the EU or not. Britain had to (in the EU) and will still have to (outside of the EU) adapt to a rapidly changing world. For all its faults the problems in the the UK economy and the rapidly changing society (the same for most industrialised countries) are not the fault of the EU. The Brexiters have been duped. What a sad day not just for the UK but for the modern world.

One clarification: The Peronism was a movement reactionary to the revolution against the Spaniard crown that restored the rules of the former Virreinato del Rio de la Plata in its bill of rights of 1949.

Well, the country who prints the many (euro) has the power. It is Germany.
So, i did never undertand how Germany lost the war but behaved like they won it.
So, The decision of the Uk makes perfect sense to me. They won the WWIII.

You may be one war ahead.

One clarification: The Peronism was a movement reactionary to the revolution against the Spaniard crown that restored the rules of the former Virreinato del Rio de la Plata in its bill of rights of 1949.

Bajo, I can't parse this. Are you saying that Peronism was reacting to "the revolution against the Spaniard crown?" Which one? Franco's? The Republicans? Or the original Argentine revolution against the Bonapartes in 1820? And the 1949 bill of rights? That would have been three years after Peron's election - so he restored "the rules of the former Virreinato del Rio de la Plata?"

I'm not sure anyone will invoke Article 50, it's political suicide to do it. Cameron was incredibly stupid for spending the last 8 years blaming immigrants then calling for a referendum on the EU, but he was smart to say fuck it, whoever comes next can actually do it.

Cl1S8n_WEAAWWwm.jpg

[background=rgb(249, 249, 249)]
If Boris Johnson looked downbeat yesterday, that is because he realises that he has lost.[/background]

Perhaps many Brexiters do not realise it yet, but they have actually lost, and it is all down to one man: David Cameron.[/background]

With one fell swoop yesterday at 9:15 am, Cameron effectively annulled the referendum result, and simultaneously destroyed the political careers of Boris Johnson, Michael Gove and leading Brexiters who cost him so much anguish, not to mention his premiership.[/background]

How?[/background]

Throughout the campaign, Cameron had repeatedly said that a vote for leave would lead to triggering Article 50 straight away. Whether implicitly or explicitly, the image was clear: he would be giving that notice under Article 50 the morning after a vote to leave. Whether that was scaremongering or not is a bit moot now but, in the midst of the sentimental nautical references of his speech yesterday, he quietly abandoned that position and handed the responsibility over to his successor.[/background]

And as the day wore on, the enormity of that step started to sink in: the markets, Sterling, Scotland, the Irish border, the Gibraltar border, the frontier at Calais, the need to continue compliance with all EU regulations for a free market, re-issuing passports, Brits abroad, EU citizens in Britain, the mountain of legistlation to be torn up and rewritten … the list grew and grew.[/background]

The referendum result is not binding. It is advisory. Parliament is not bound to commit itself in that same direction.[/background]

The Conservative party election that Cameron triggered will now have one question looming over it: will you, if elected as party leader, trigger the notice under Article 50?[/background]

Who will want to have the responsibility of all those ramifications and consequences on his/her head and shoulders?[/background]

Boris Johnson knew this yesterday, when he emerged subdued from his home and was even more subdued at the press conference. He has been out-maneouvered and check-mated.[/background]

If he runs for leadership of the party, and then fails to follow through on triggering Article 50, then he is finished. If he does not run and effectively abandons the field, then he is finished. If he runs, wins and pulls the UK out of the EU, then it will all be over – Scotland will break away, there will be upheaval in Ireland, a recession … broken trade agreements. Then he is also finished. Boris Johnson knows all of this. When he acts like the dumb blond it is just that: an act.[/background]

The Brexit leaders now have a result that they cannot use. For them, leadership of the Tory party has become a poison chalice.[/background]

When Boris Johnson said there was no need to trigger Article 50 straight away, what he really meant to say was “never”. When Michael Gove went on and on about “informal negotiations” … why? why not the formal ones straight away? … he also meant not triggering the formal departure. They both know what a formal demarche would mean: an irreversible step that neither of them is prepared to take.[/background]

All that remains is for someone to have the guts to stand up and say that Brexit is unachievable in reality without an enormous amount of pain and destruction, that cannot be borne. And David Cameron has put the onus of making that statement on the heads of the people who led the Brexit campaign.[/background]
http://qz.com/717182/a-brexit-conspiracy-theory-nails-the-no-win-situation-boris-johnson-now-finds-himself-in/[/background]

I think you don't understand 1) the idea of the EU and 2) the referendum, which was not about the EU "dragging out" the UK...

No UKs with brains are saying we do not want to yoked to these losers. And frankly it may hurt in the short term but in long term I think it will be another story.

As a Scot I'm kind of worried the SNP seem to be so reliant on being part of the EU especially after yesterdays news. I'd rather see them continue to work with London rather than a bunch of foreigners.

Funny that, some of my relatives are Scots and they definitely consider the English to be foreigners! But they did vote for Independence rather than stick with the UK. From a conversation over the weekend they're very optimistic about winning the next vote, the mood has changed!

Had a lovely Spanish election day BBQ with local friends yesterday. One of them is a large sherry producer who exports to Holland, UK, and Norway as well as Asia and not in the slight bit worried about how his business will change post Brexit...curious but not panicked. I´m personally tired off the fear and vitriol of the Bremainers (sorry now called Bremoaners) Too reminiscent of the K´s...am personally enjoying all the dark humour..
Dom Beaven

Ayer a las 4:36 · Bath, Inglaterra, Reino Unido ·

Right. fuck this. We're ALL up shit creek and we need a paddle. Now, not in three months.

Fellow Remain voters: Enough already. Yes, we're all pissed off but navel gazing ain't gonna help. Not all 17 million Leave voters can possibly be racist northern pensioners without an O level to their name. Maybe they have a point about this quitting the EU thing? Maybe not. Whatever, we are where we are and no amount a whinging is gonna change that. Allegedly we're the intelligent ones, so get your thinking caps on.

Leave voters. Well done. Good game. We hear you. Now you need to get stuck in to the aftermath and not just piss off back to Wetherspoons. (Just banter, twats!). And the first person to say they "want their country back" gets deported to fucking Gibraltar. OK?
Politicians.
David. fuck off. Shut the door behind you. Now.
George. You may be a twat but you're our twat. Plus you know the passwords for our Junior Savers account. Get your calculator. Drop the face-like-a-slapped-ass routine. You're on.
Boris. Sorry mate. That photo of you abseiling by your scrotum over the London Olympics while waving a Union Jack can't ever be un-taken. Plus, you'll never be able to appear on Question Time again without some sturdy Glaswegian nurse asking where the fuck her 350 million quid is. Not only will she have a very good point, she'll be wearing a T shirt that shows you gurning in front of that fucking bus! No captains hat for you I'm afraid.
Theresa. You're in charge love. Get the biggest shoulder pads you've got. We need Ming The Merciless in drag and you'll scare the shit out of 'em.
Nicola. Yep. Fair cop. You probably could get us on a technicality, as could London. But we fucking love shortbread. And oil. And to be honest you're probably the best politician we've got, so we need you on side. Sort your lot out and we promise never to mention that Jimmy Krankie thing again (although it is pretty uncanny) and we'll make you a Dame once we're sorted. Bring Ruth Davidson. She kicks ass.
Opposition party. We'll need one. Someone take Jeremy and John back to the British Legion Club where you found them. Take Nigel as well. Give back their sandals, buy them a pint, then go to Heathrow and collect David Milliband. fuck it. Lets gets Ed Balls as well. He keeps George on his toes. I think he works on the lottery kiosk at Morrisons now?
Oh. And Mark Carney. Give him a knighthood and tell him to keep that shit coming. We definitely need more of that good shit!
Everyone set? Right. Hold the Easyjet. We're going to Brussels and this ain't no hen party.

Dom Beaven
Ayer a las 12:36 · Bath, Inglaterra, Reino Unido ·

Right. fuck this. We're ALL up shit creek and we need a paddle. Now, not in three months.
Fellow Remain voters: Enough already. Yes, we're all pissed off but navel gazing ain't gonna help. Not all 17 million Leave voters can possibly be racist northern pensioners without an O level to their name. Maybe they have a point about this quitting the EU thing? Maybe not. Whatever, we are where we are and no amount a whinging is gonna change that. Allegedly we're the intelligent ones, so get your thinking caps on.

Leave voters. Well done. Good game. We hear you. Now you need to get stuck in to the aftermath and not just piss off back to Wetherspoons. (Just banter, twats!). And the first person to say they "want their country back" gets deported to fucking Gibraltar. OK?
Politicians.
David. fuck off. Shut the door behind you. Now.
George. You may be a twat but you're our twat. Plus you know the passwords for our Junior Savers account. Get your calculator. Drop the face-like-a-slapped-ass routine. You're on.
Boris. Sorry mate. That photo of you abseiling by your scrotum over the London Olympics while waving a Union Jack can't ever be un-taken. Plus, you'll never be able to appear on Question Time again without some sturdy Glaswegian nurse asking where the fuck her 350 million quid is. Not only will she have a very good point, she'll be wearing a T shirt that shows you gurning in front of that fucking bus! No captains hat for you I'm afraid.
Theresa. You're in charge love. Get the biggest shoulder pads you've got. We need Ming The Merciless in drag and you'll scare the shit out of 'em.
Nicola. Yep. Fair cop. You probably could get us on a technicality, as could London. But we fucking love shortbread. And oil. And to be honest you're probably the best politician we've got, so we need you on side. Sort your lot out and we promise never to mention that Jimmy Krankie thing again (although it is pretty uncanny) and we'll make you a Dame once we're sorted. Bring Ruth Davidson. She kicks ass.
Opposition party. We'll need one. Someone take Jeremy and John back to the British Legion Club where you found them. Take Nigel as well. Give back their sandals, buy them a pint, then go to Heathrow and collect David Milliband. fuck it. Lets gets Ed Balls as well. He keeps George on his toes. I think he works on the lottery kiosk at Morrisons now?
Oh. And Mark Carney. Give him a knighthood and tell him to keep that shit coming. We definitely need more of that good shit!
Everyone set? Right. Hold the Easyjet. We're going to Brussels and this ain't no hen party.
‪#‎weneedaplan‬ Share!

Funny that, some of my relatives are Scots and they definitely consider the English to be foreigners! But they did vote for Independence rather than stick with the UK. From a conversation over the weekend they're very optimistic about winning the next vote, the mood has changed!

I think if anything Brexit has shown that referendums can be largely emotional based decisions in spite of all the economics and other data stacked up and on display. I´d agree with Steve that my all Scottish friends are all riled up and ready to quit the UK tomorrow and make a separatist EU bid in spite of the likelihood they´d be at the back of the queue behind Turkey and facing some harsh self imposed austerity in Scotland that would make the Tories look benevolent North of the border. It just proves we are humans and not machines...just yet.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/timworstall/2016/06/26/the-problem-with-scotlands-desire-to-be-in-the-eu-they-wouldnt-be-accepted-as-members/#1864d5c41e98

The problem is politicians and the 'elite' lost touch with the general public. People are not happy with how things are, it was a gross misjudgment by the whole world. I work with a variety of nationalities and spoke to a lot of brits before the referendum and the general consensus was they are not happy with how things are being managed. This vote was not directly about the positives and negatives of the EU - it was about a lot of people voicing their displeasure with the current state of affairs. Every person I spoke to who was for leaving understood that there would be short term pain but their hope was a brighter future for their children and generations down the line. It was also used as a fuck YOU to the higher ups and elites.

This is the same thing we are seeing in the US with the support for Trump - politicians will continue to label and ignore the 'crazy racists' however this will be at their peril. Instead they should seek to understand WHY people are supporting Trump and attempt to bring people together instead of us vs them mentality.

Those who are suggesting that the EU was a model for the world fail to understand cultural differences. Try creating the Middle Eastern Union and see how that works out.

Back