Brexit Wtf!

I was only reporting what I'd heard recently. My relatives tell me that the Scots are angry, they voted 62% to remain, and that people who previously voted against independence now want out of the UK to remain in Europe. Early days, we shall see.

Scots can be very fickle at times. :)

As you say early days, it'll be interesting to see what happens.

This madness originated as a right wing rebellion against Cameron purely to further the political aspirations of some venal opportunists. Not that they really care much about the EU, immigration, and the other talking points. It just gets them where they want to go regardless of the consequences for others.

This madness originated as a right wing rebellion against Cameron purely to further the political aspirations of some venal opportunists. Not that they really care much about the EU, immigration, and the other talking points. It just gets them where they want to go regardless of the consequences for others.

I call this a CROCK OF SH**T...the left ie Corybyn real left not Tony Blair centre right pretending to be left has always challenged the lack of democracy in the EU...but feel free to dream it´s a right wing conspiracy.

I call this a CROCK OF SH**T...the left ie Corybyn real left not Tony Blair centre right pretending to be left has always challenged the lack of democracy in the EU...but feel free to dream it´s a right wing conspiracy.
Damn, love the Brits but this referendum to exit the EU is insane. Exactly what will Little England have to offer the World's consumers to keep their economy going: jobs? Slim pickings I would think without the EU. From where Europe, Brits included was at the end of WW ll (bankrupt) and today is quite an accomplishment to say the least and the prosperity has got to be contributed the EU. Nothing in life comes without strings. Think the Brits have bit the hand that feeds them. The Empire disappeared a long time ago guy. Good luck.

Bajo, I can't parse this. Are you saying that Peronism was reacting to "the revolution against the Spaniard crown?" Which one? Franco's? The Republicans? Or the original Argentine revolution against the Bonapartes in 1820? And the 1949 bill of rights? That would have been three years after Peron's election - so he restored "the rules of the former Virreinato del Rio de la Plata?"

The Revolution was the 25th of May of 1810.
https://es.wikipedia...olución_de_Mayo

Bonaparte? Perhaps you don´t know it but Argentina was a colony of Spain known as Virreinato del Rio de la Plata.

In 1949 Peron enacted a New Constitution.
https://es.wikipedia...gentina_de_1949

If you read the law of the Spaniard Crown for the Colonies (Recopilacion de las leyes de las partidas de las Indias)

https://es.wikipedia...s_de_las_Indias

and the Constitution del 49´ and its Second Plan Quinquenal, you realize that the Peronism was a reactionary movement to liberalism that restored the rules of the monarchy before the 1810 revolution.

https://es.wikipedia...al_en_Argentina

I give you an example:
We used to have the category of immigrant or tourist while the immigration categories we have at the immigration law are exactly the same than at the rules of the Recopilacion de las leyes de las partidas de las Indias while at the Second Plan Quinquenal Peron stablished a Plan of vegetative growth instead of immigration. Perón also enacted ethnic, ideology, religious selection, persecution and cleaning rules (secret) that are copied from the Saint inquisition of Spain.

The second Plan Quinquenal enacted an ethnic institute which goal was to decide who was going to be considered indeseable.

Our bill of rights was enacted by the generation of 1838 known as the May generation. At 1938 a new generation raised as reactionary to the 1838 movement: they wanted to go back to monarchy but with a dictator instead of a king.

So, to understand Peronism you have to understand that they want to go back to the monarchy and this is why this country is in many ways medieval.

The 'real' left in the Labour Party was always against, true, but I'd say its also true that Johnson's personal ambition played a big part in his role in the referendum. They're not mutually exclusive.

That's the scariest part. The idea of a world with Trump as US president and Johnson as UK prime minister. Never thought I might miss Bush or Cameron one day but this double blonde menace puts things into a new perspective.

First, thank you for the information you provided.

But you just had to take a cheap shot, didn't you?

https://es.wikipedia...olución_de_Mayo

Bonaparte? Perhaps you don´t know it but Argentina was a colony of Spain known as Virreinato del Rio de la Plata.

Perhaps you didn't know it, but none of the revolutions in America that began in 1810 were against the legitimate Spanish crown. They were in reaction to Napoleon's usurpation of the crown by imposing his brother, José Bonaparte, in place of Fernando VII. Here's an excellent explanation, taken directly from the Wiki article you posted above.

"La Revolución de Mayo inició el proceso de surgimiento del Estado Argentino sin proclamación de la independencia formal, ya que la Primera Junta no reconocía la autoridad del Consejo de Regencia de España e Indias, pero aún gobernaba nominalmente en nombre del rey de España Fernando VII, quien había sido depuesto por las Abdicaciones de Bayona y su lugar ocupado por el francés José Bonaparte. Aun así, dicha manifestación de lealtad, conocida como la máscara de Fernando VII, es considerada una maniobra política que ocultaba las intenciones independentistas de los revolucionarios:
'Juráis a Dios nuestro señor y a estos santos evangelios reconocer la Junta Provisional Gubernativa de las provincia del Río de La Plata a nombre del Sr Fernando Séptimo, para guarda de sus augustos derechos, obedecer sus ordenes y decretos, y no atentar directa ni indirectamente contra su autoridad, propendiendo publica y privadamente a sus seguridad y respeto.
Todos juraron y todos morirán antes que quebrantes la sagrada obligación que se han impuesto.'"

So yes, the revolution was against the Bonapartes, although the revolutionaries lost no time in expanding it to become a series of wars for independence.

I am sincere, though, in thanking you for the historical references you supplied.

That's the scariest part. The idea of a world with Trump as US president and Johnson as UK prime minister. Never thought I might miss Bush or Cameron one day but this double blonde menace puts things into a new perspective.

Johnson will be just as crap as Cameron was. He'll still have the same nutcase twats sitting beside and behind him. I'd still much rather have Johnson than Bush or Trump though!

If Johnson is PM, which is not unlikely, he won't last. Cameron is planing on dumping this flaming bag of shit right on his lap. Corbyn needs to get out of the way and fast if he cares at all about Labour's future, this is an opportunity.

Back