Button Has Arrived At Ezeiza

Can they fix the mail system first - what does he expect people to do when a fucking letter can't make it to the right destination.

Hopefully that farce will be next to get sorted out. Four months later and my very small tea order from the UK has still to arrive.

To be fair I've never had a problem when arriving at EZE. The last time I arrived despite having my British passport in hand the customs lady did ask me in English whether I stayed permanently in Argentina which threw me a bit. After lying through my teeth she let me go through.

Wax Paper ????? You can get that here. It's called "papel manteca". Any stationary store here should have it.

Waxed paper is different from papel manteca. It is a wax-coated paper, totally non-stick. Comes in rolls and it is great for stretching pie crust paper thin. I haven't found it here.

The button has returned to Ezeiza. The system was in use years ago - green meant you walked right out, red meant a cursory inspection. No big hassle.

I am a little confused. If you have things to declare do you do so BEFORE you touch the button? I mean if you first touch the button and it is green you don't get searched, so who is going to declare anything if they are let through w/o a search?

I am a little confused. If you have things to declare do you do so BEFORE you touch the button? I mean if you first touch the button and it is green you don't get searched, so who is going to declare anything if they are let through w/o a search?

Its like a lie detector test!

Either you admit being guilty and walk in the red zone, open yr bags yrself and payup.

Or take the gamble, LIE you have nuthing to declare over 300 usd even if you do. If green light shows up - yr lie was sucessful. If red light shows up - you are in TROUBLE!

There are separate lines for those with items to declare. If you're bringing in a huge TV, you obviously have to go to the "stuff to declare" line. :)

The main line and button are for those with nothing to declare.

A couple of years back we came in from Panama with a Kitchenaid food mixer and a load of attachements - total value $ 500 . The boss didnt want to declare but she eventually relented when she realized we couldnt hide the machine in our bags . So we left it in the original packing , and I filled in the forms ( UK passport in hand as always) . Thye didnt want to know ... they xrayed everything and they asked me if I had a phone and a computer . I showed them both whiCh were obviously used and we got waved through

I am still convinced all they are looking for is Iphones , Mac tablets and new electronics . They dont want to know about the rest.

I am still convinced all they are looking for is Iphones , Mac tablets and new electronics . They dont want to know about the rest.

I am ready to smash any item to be confiscated before handing it to them.
i already did empty a bottle of gin in Rome (not in my throat) when they decided it had to be "confiscated" because I was boarding another plane toward Milan.

i already did empty a bottle of gin in Rome (not in my throat)

LOL!

Once they captured a packet of red dried chilies from me at Ezeiza. he opened it and put it in garbage in front of my eyes.

I would not want to empty that packet in "my throat" either!

Back